Milestones accomplished this weekend during the sprint

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

rag040@...

Good job Joe. I haven't totaled up the damage yet but think I completed a few as well. This is a great club to belong too. Most fun I've had doing radio

Rob
KD8HSV #1347

From: Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>
Sender: 070@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 08:29:39
To: 070@yahoogroups.com<070@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [070] Milestones accomplished this weekend during the sprint

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Bill Fults <bill6139@...>

Just an FYI-The 13 colonies special event goes through today so there's still time.
Bill
KC8WSM

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Jerry N9AVY

Way to go, Joe !  Too bad you missed the 13th colony.  Hope you can find it today.

I barely managed to worked all 13 and the PEN station.  There were a few other special events on, but I ignored them.

Haven't totalled up from Firecracker Spint, but I know I got a couple. Just turned in LONP 300 to Charlie and am overjoyed. Didn't know I had that many.... was still at 100 !

Another milestone I reached was sitting on 7035 for 2 hours during beginning of Sprint.  DOH !  Fergot about 7070 !

Jerry  N9AVY

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

K8TOM

How many (or which) of the 13 Colonies SE stations were available in PSK
mode? In other words what was the PSK possible count?

Just curious..

Tom
K8TOM

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the
Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my
response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special
Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Without checking my logs, I'd say about 3-4.

Jerry  N9AVY

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the
Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my
response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special
Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Larry

Tom,

I was wondering the sam thing, I watched all weekend and only worked/saw 3 13 colony SE stations.
Larry WA7HDZ #404

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the
Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my
response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special
Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Only worked K2H, K2K and K2l  on PSK .

n9avy

[...]

I worked those three, and also saw (briefly) K2E in Delaware.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

I was wondering the sam thing, I watched all weekend and only worked/saw 3 13 colony SE stations.
Larry WA7HDZ #404

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

Good morning everyone,

As I am sure that everyone else did, I had a lot of fun with the
Firecracker Sprint this weekend.

* Increased my LONP count from 197 to 211.
* Completed the Special Event Station endoresement.
* Word of the Month and Bingo for July both completed.

Also just received my 5,000the QSL from Logbook of the world, putting my
response rate at about 47%.

The only fly in the ointment, was working only 12 of 13 Colonies Special
Event stations. Just could not bust through the pile-ups for North Carolina.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Think those may have been the only 4 available on PSK.  There were a few a CW juding from the spots.  Really think most of the ops were prety much phone operators only. Thee were supposed to be two stations on from each state, but I feel that they weren't all that active.

I think Special Event stations will become more prevelant on PSK once they recognize PSK as a legitimate mode like CW/SSB/RTTY. There seems to be more PSK operation these days than RTTY.

Jerry  N9AVY

[...]

Bob N3PPH <rsheskin@...>

Well our sprint was listed on my ARRL newsletter for the week. I think
that is a step forward. Now that W1AW spams their messages in PSK too it
seems were are becoming a bit less of the second class citizens we were
in the past.

73,
Bob N3PPH 070-853

From: Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com
<mailto:radiodxer2000%40yahoo.com>>
To: "070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>"
<070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 4:20 PM

[...]

Thanks Bill, got home from work at 6:30 Eastern and there he was. Clean sweep!

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

Just an FYI-The 13 colonies special event goes through today so there's still time.
Bill
KC8WSM

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@...>

I have to agree with you, Bob.

Another digital club that I belong is included in the League's contest/sprint biweekly newsletter as well.

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

From: Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com
<mailto:radiodxer2000%40yahoo.com>>
To: "070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>"
<070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 4:20 PM

[...]

I was able to work all 13 plus the UK station last year. This year I heard maybe 6 or 7 total. I don't think they were that active either. Only saw 3 on PSK. On the other hand I had a blast, no play on words, in the Firecracker.

Rob
KD8HSV #1347

From: Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>
Sender: 070@yahoogroups.com