From: Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@justinmattes.com>
Subject: [070] Is it me.........
To: "070 Group" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 7:22 PM

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

Mike Flowers

I'm copying W9RTB on 7.036 or so. He's in Illinois and I'm in San Jose, CA
... weak signal though ...

--

73 de Mike, K6MKF

Pez <ag4cz@...>

I've seen some activity but its seems pretty quiet overall. I am chalking it up to psk deathmatch starts in 21 hours. That or my antenna is acting like a dummy load tonight. It has a mind of its own. Some nights it is an antenna, some nights its a dummy load.
John AG4CZ

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...> wrote:

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

Eric Dallmann

Randy's a few miles from me.  If you're hearing him (knowing what he's running), things aren't too far in the toilet.

73,
Eric/K9VIC

I'm copying W9RTB on 7.036 or so.  He's in Illinois and I'm in San Jose, CA
... weak signal though ...

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <
kc2gik@justinmattes.com> wrote:

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

--

73 de Mike, K6MKF

Ross Primrose N4RP <n4rp@...>

Eric Dallmann wrote:
In hindsight, it would have been more interesting had I worked someone QRP on a dummy load for an antenna (maybe someone has and can share that tale). Instead, it's just a tale of lousy configuration management.
I do that every time I turn on my 2m handy talkie ;-)

73, Ross N4RP

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”

Larry Van Horn <n5fpw@...>

In Naval Aviation we call that cockpit problems and yes, I have done that on more than one occasion. I have just written it off to a busy world and old age. ;-)))

73 de Larry

Larry Van Horn, N5FPW
Brasstown, NC USA
MT Assistant/Review/Technical Editor
Milcom/What's New/First Look Columnist
Milcom Monitoring Post at
http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com/

From: Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@justinmattes.com>
To: "070 Group" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 7:22 PM

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

Steve W3HF

In the computer world, I'd heard this referred to as a "skinware bug." But that was before the software applications started using the term "skins" to refer to different GUI color schemes.

From: Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...>
To: "070 Group" <070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>>
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 7:22 PM

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

12/10/09 07:36:00

Mike Flowers

AKA - wetware bug ...

From: Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...>
To: "070 Group" <070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com<070%2540yahoogroups.com>

Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 7:22 PM

Or are the bands dead tonight
Justin,KC2GIK PODXS#751

12/10/09 07:36:00

chzcake_ravioli <chzcake_ravioli@...>

Another computer world term for it is a PEBKAC error
P roblem
E xists
B etween
K eyboard