Canadian Stations--April and May

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

In case folks didn' t know for the month of April and May Canadian callsigns are statring with different letters
For example
VA is now XL
VE is XM
VO is XN
VY is XO

So a call like VA2FUN would now be XL2FUN, I think. I'm curious if anybody has worked Canadian stations with these calls? If so what bands and what times
Thanks
Justin KC2GIK 070 #751

Richard Ferch <ve3iay@...>

Justin,

These special prefixes are optional; VA2FUN is allowed to use XL2FUN if he wants to, but he can also continue to use VA2FUN. The majority of Canadian amateurs don't make use of these special prefixes, so the odds are that VA2FUN is still signing as VA2FUN.

This particular set of prefixes, by the way, is in commemmoration of the 50th anniversary of the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

73,
Rich VE3KI
070 #175

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...> wrote:

In case folks didn' t know for the month of April and May Canadian
callsigns are statring with different letters
For example
VA is now XL
VE is XM
VO is XN
VY is XO

So a call like VA2FUN would now be XL2FUN, I think. I'm curious if
anybody has worked Canadian stations with these calls? If so what bands
and what times
Thanks
Justin KC2GIK 070 #751

Milton Garb <w6qe@...>

I don't know how popular it's going to be, but the prefix hunters are going to have a ball.
Milton
W6QE

These special prefixes are optional; VA2FUN is allowed to use XL2FUN if he wants to, but he can also continue to use VA2FUN. The majority of Canadian amateurs don't make use of these special prefixes, so the odds are that VA2FUN is still signing as VA2FUN.

This particular set of prefixes, by the way, is in commemmoration of the 50th anniversary of the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway.

73,
Rich VE3KI
070 #175

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@...> wrote:

> In case folks didn' t know for the month of April and May Canadian
> callsigns are statring with different letters
> For example
> VA is now XL
> VE is XM
> VO is XN
> VY is XO
>

> So a call like VA2FUN would now be XL2FUN, I think. I'm curious if
> anybody has worked Canadian stations with these calls? If so what bands
> and what times
> Thanks
> Justin KC2GIK 070 #751

ve1cdd

Will be using the Special Prefix XM1CDD on 80m to 20m

John VE1CDD
Skype Name: ve1cdd-ve1hfx

Richard Ferch wrote:

[...]

k7pwl

Justin,

I have seen XM3NOO on 40 meters the last few nights between 0200Z and 0400Z.

//Brad - K7PWL