Callsigns, Grid squares and Mashups

Doug Kalish <kalish.doug@...>

Would it not be possible for one of the more computationally competent
members of the group to take the list of members callsigns, look up the grid
squares on qrz.com or equivalent and plot them on a google map? You could
even sort and select by endorsements. I'd really like to see the worldwide
distribution of members and distributions of LONPs.

de KA3L Doug

Adam Wade <espresso_doppio@...>

On Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:59 AM [Zulu -7],
Doug Kalish <kalish.doug@gmail.com> wrote:

Would it not be possible for one of the more computationally competent
members of the group to take the list of members callsigns, look up
the grid squares on qrz.com or equivalent and plot them on a google
map?
The recent update to QRZ.com does this for you automagically.

! Adam Wade -==- 90 Zephyr 615 (Daphne) -=- 86 Ninja 250 (Iris) !
! "I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead !
! of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote !
! down, I spend z time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." !
! - Beryl Pfizer -=- AF6ME -=- http://www.allthings550.com !

angus15 <angus15@...>

so does Google earth

On Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:59 AM [Zulu -7],
Doug Kalish <kalish.doug@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would it not be possible for one of the more computationally competent
> members of the group to take the list of members callsigns, look up
> the grid squares on qrz.com or equivalent and plot them on a google
> map?

The recent update to QRZ.com does this for you automagically.

! Adam Wade -==- 90 Zephyr 615 (Daphne) -=- 86 Ninja 250 (Iris) !
! "I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead !
! of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote !
! down, I spend z time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." !
! - Beryl Pfizer -=- AF6ME -=- http://www.allthings550.com !

Milton Garb <w6qe@...>

Guys,
There may be a better or simplier way to do this...I'll expound on that after the contest...
Milton
W6QE