800th Member Celebration

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <ctrice@...>

Greetings all,

The PODXS has reached yet another milestone and it's again time to party with an on-the-air Celebration. Here are the 5 Ws:
Who: All members AND non-members of the PODXS �7� Club.

What: An on-the-air PSK31 celebration of the 800th member joining the PODXS �7� Club.

Where: All non-WARC HF bands (160M - 6M)

When: 07 December 2008 - 24 Hours Total - 0000 thru 2359 UTC

Why: To celebrate the 800th member joining the PODXS �7� Club, get neat certificates and endorsement stickers.

Please see http://www.podxs070.com//contests/800.html for all the details. See you on the air!

Vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

Richard Ferch <ve3iay@...>

For anyone who uses them, the spreadsheets for LONP tracking in the
Yahoo files area, as well as the basic MixW icons.cfg file in the 070
stuff folder, have been updated to #801.

I'll be operating in the ARRL 160 contest until 1600Z. If our host
isn't too eager to get us packed up and out of the way right away, I
might just try operating for a while from VE2; whether I do or not,
I'll be packing up the rig before very long and trying to get back
home in time to set up and make a few contacts from my home QTH in
the 800th member celebration. I only need two more members for my
next LONP endorsement.

Question for Charlie: If I operate from VE2, I could use a different
call sign (if only because of the trailing /2 that makes it
different). Would that make it two separate operations (i.e. someone
who worked me from both places could claim credit for both QSOs, even
though the 070 # was the same)? Or should I avoid working dupes and
act as though it's a single operation? Of course, this may well be
academic - depending on how things go, I may not be able to get on
the air in PSK31 from one or the other or both locations anyway.

73,
Rich VE3KI / VE3IAY (and possibly /2)
070 #175

--- In 070@yahoogroups.com, "Charlie Trice, K8IJ" <ctrice@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

The PODXS has reached yet another milestone and it's again time to
party
with an on-the-air Celebration. Here are the 5 Ws:
Who: All members AND non-members of the PODXS Ø7Ø Club.

What: An on-the-air PSK31 celebration of the 800th member joining
the PODXS
Ø7Ø Club.

Where: All non-WARC HF bands (160M - 6M)

When: 07 December 2008 - 24 Hours Total - 0000 thru 2359 UTC

Why: To celebrate the 800th member joining the PODXS Ø7Ø Club, get
neat
certificates and endorsement stickers.

Please see http://www.podxs070.com//contests/800.html for all the
details.
See you on the air!

Vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <ctrice@...>

Hi Rich,

Since most of the Club's events are operator-based, I feel that you should "avoid working dupes and
act as though it's a single operation". Even your 2 different assigned callsigns point back to a single 070 Club Member number of 175.

However, assuming all goes well with your 2 attempts at operating in the 800th Celebration, you really should get some special award for "most geographically spaced during the contest" or "most convoluted effort operating" or something like that - hi hi. Good luck with your 2 more for your LONP step up.

And, assuming I get my Zepp back up before the 160 'test, I'll look for you on the low end.

Vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

[...]

Thanks, Charlie.

I'll be operating as part of a group from VE2OJ in the ARRL 160 (CW),
but in the interests of simplicity I'll be either VE3KI/2 or just
VE3KI in the PSK31 contest, depending on when and where I am able to
operate from. This in turn depends on weather and on antennas. We'll
see how it goes.

73,
Rich VE3KI
[...]

Mark - N8MNI

Can anyone hear me on 7.070 +1300?
I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

Milton Garb <w6qe@...>

I'm cq'n at +1000 do you see me Mark?
Milton
W6QE

I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <ctrice@...>

I see a very faint trace on +1300 Mark - and we're "neighbors".

GL es vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

I can see other members, but get no answers.
Mark
N8MNI

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

I see you Milton
Justin KC2GIK

Milton Garb wrote:

I'm cq'n at +1000 do you see me Mark?
Milton
W6QE

I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK

I'm out here too!
Justin KC2GIK, #751

Charlie Trice, K8IJ wrote:

I see a very faint trace on +1300 Mark - and we're "neighbors".

GL es vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

Laurie, VK3AMA <groups4@...>

NIL Here! ;-)

de Laurie, VK3AMA

Mark Crosbie - N8MNI wrote:

Can anyone hear me on 7.070 +1300?
I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

Eric Dallmann

I don't see much on 40. It might be the very high (S-9) local noise level. Things look pretty good on 80, though. And I haven't even tried 160 yet.

Eric/K9VIC

Justin Mattes--KC2GIK <kc2gik@justinmattes.com> wrote:
I see you Milton
Justin KC2GIK

Milton Garb wrote:

I'm cq'n at +1000 do you see me Mark?
Milton
W6QE

I can see other members, but get no answers.

Mark
N8MNI

12/6/2008 4:55 PM

Milton Garb <w6qe@...>

i SAW SOMEBODY ANSWERING ME AT 7070 +1000, BUT RAILS ONLY...NO AUDIO...

> I can see other members, but get no answers.
>
> Mark
> N8MNI

> 12/6/2008 4:55 PM

Chuck Kovacs