From: "Roger Balister" <eo19@dial.pipex.com>
To: <w3hf@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: IOTA Question
Date sent: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:45:01 +0100

Hello Steve

Contacts by data modes are acceptable so long as they are not
aided by repeaters or satellites, and are not cross-band or cross-
mode. The islands activated may also count towards the home
individual scores of the US operators (Directory H.1.1).

As regards contacts with other islands made from these stations,
they may be counted for the normal single operator category award
(if the licence holder only operates and it is his home call) or,
otherwise, for a club category award.

None of these IOTA groups constitutes a "rare", "most wanted", or
"difficult" group, which would require special validation.

The islands you mention all count subject to your checking on one.
Duck Island is the island south of Roanoke Island - this counts.
Duck, the town on the long peninsula that runs through Corolla,
Southern Shores, Nags Head etc does not count for IOTA (my
brother visits this town quite often!). I mention this just because
there may be confusion that the long peninsula is an IOTA island,
hi! Please can you pass the word along as we want to avoid
problems with QSL cards wrongly showing an IOTA number.
Maybe you could let me know the answer.

73 Roger

Roger Balister, G3KMA
RSGB IOTA Manager