6m... that was fun.

AA8QQJMauch@...

Peter,
I heard you working Karen. Couldn't hear her though, and never heard Dick.
Did put four new states in the log on 6 meter PSK31 tonite. Hope to do it
again some time, also the band took a big dive when we tried phone.

CU all again,
Jay - AA8QQ

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

Worked 3 QSOs on 6m PSK -- all QRP, of course.

Big fun. Thanks Jay, Dick, and Karen. We should do this again.

Peter
AG4KI

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M.
Germantown, TN
Voice: (901) 624-5295
Fax: (901) 624-6060
pbaskind@...

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

Okay, what kind of power and antennas were you guys running? I
have six meters on the radio, but only five watts. And unless I can
get one of the HF wire dipoles to tune on 6m, the only antenna I
have is an extended rubber duck.

Steve-

I am an attic boy, like I understand you are. I have been able, though, to
squeeze a 3-element Cushcraft 6m beam up above the joists in the attic. I
rotate it on a $30 Radio Shack rotator. I generally run 100 watts, but
often work at 5, depending on the opening, whether I am too lazy to move the
antenna connection between the 817 and the 756, and how the mood strikes me.
:)

But, of course, on 6m one doesn't need very much for sporadic E -- signals
get quite big. I have worked many guys running dipoles and QRP on phone.
In your case, perhaps a squalo might be a good option. M2 makes a nice one.
With signals running as loud as they were tonight, even at 5 watts, I would
be shocked if you couldn't have knocked out a dozen or more Qs.

6m... a really fun band. It's my favorite. But, it can be frustrating.

Peter
AG4KI

Karen Russo <w4gtm@...>

Yeah, that was fun. I'll try for some more contacts on 6m tomorrow
evening. Sorry I didn't hear either Jay or Dick. Nice QRP signal
Peter!

73 - Karen W4GTM

Steve W3HF

Okay, what kind of power and antennas were you guys running? I
have six meters on the radio, but only five watts. And unless I can
get one of the HF wire dipoles to tune on 6m, the only antenna I
have is an extended rubber duck.

Yeah, that was fun. I'll try for some more contacts on 6m tomorrow
evening. Sorry I didn't hear either Jay or Dick. Nice QRP signal
Peter!

73 - Karen W4GTM

---------------------~--> Will You Find True Love? Will You Meet the
One? Free Love Reading by phone!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/7dY7FD/R_ZEAA/Ey.GAA/RUTolB/TM
->

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@.... -->W3HF/QRP, 10-17
AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M CONTACT INFO: W3HF
CBA OR W3HF@.... --> NN6DG, 16-18 AUGUST, ANACAPA IS, CA (CHANNEL
ISLANDS GROUP, IOTA NA-144, USI CA-002S, WLH LH-1300, VENTURA COUNTY),
20-10M CONTACT INFO: NN6DG CBA OR NN6DG@....

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;amp;gt;
for the latest information on 070 Club activities.

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi All,
The fun started about 00:00 GMT 7/29/02. It was mostly a north/south path
until just before 02:00 GMT. I have yet to see any Euros on 6 meters, but I
don't get on 6 near as much as I would like to. I won't be able to get on
again until Saturday as I have to go back to work. Alas, vacation is over.
Can't wait to do it again.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

Zoltan Bordas <borzol@...>

I have a single PSK31 QSO on 6m... F1PJB on 1th June this year... no other
PSK trace observed before and after.

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

Peter Baskind

I have yet to see any Euros on 6 meters, but I don't get on 6 near as much as I would like to.
Well,

I am a 6m affianciado. But, last night was the first time I had ever heard PSK on 6. Of course, I must admit, that I rarely stray above .250, as there is rarely much activity above there.

I would love to work Europe on 6m PSK, but when the F2 runs, it is much quicker to do hit and run SSB QSOs. In the middle section of the country, one has to work the EU openings efficiently. They don't come nearly as often as the folks on the East Coast see them.

I do wish, however, that there was more activity on 2m PSK. It works like a dream for weak signal work. But, as yet, I have just one Q on 2m. Just a couple hundred miles -- no big deal.

A 50 MHz and up QSO party... Hmmmm...

Peter Baskind/AG4KI EM55

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M./AG4KI

Germantown, TN/EM55