PODXS Class of 2002

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi All,

Each year the president of PODXS is blessed with the chance to hand pick a
few hams to become Honorary PODXS members. These selections are based on
their (non-monetary) contributions to the art of amateur radio. This may or
may not be associated with PODXS or the 070 Club. As this years president, I
am proud and happy to announce the Class of 2002. They are:

KF4FHS - Bernie Leonard
for his management of the Low band sprints and the 070 SWL program

and

K8IJ - Charlie Trice
for his management of the LONP Award and his sage input to the rest
of the PODXS gang.

Thanks to both of these Amateurs for their commitment and dedication to this
great hobby. They will each receive a Certificate of Membership and are
afforded all the rights of Honorary membership in the Penn-Ohio DX Society.

73 to all, and thanks again to Bernie and Chas,
Jay - AA8QQ Pres. PODXS

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Hey, that's great, Jay and Congratulations to the 2 guys inducted.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.
--> NN6DG, 16-18 AUGUST, ANACAPA IS, CA (CHANNEL ISLANDS GROUP, IOTA NA-144, USI CA-002S, WLH LH-1300, VENTURA COUNTY), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: NN6DG CBA OR NN6DG@WUMPUS.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;amp;gt; for

DL2AYL@...

Bernie, Chas - welcome on board and thanks for all the work you have done!
Erika/DL2AYL

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay and the Gang,

Man, this is a surprise. You fellers sure can keep a secret.

I am greatly honored to be picked as one of the Class of 2002.

The 070 Club has done a lot more for me than I have for it. Since joining
in December 2001, I have made more friends, been more active, enjoyed Ham
Radio more than ever before, and actually found a club that is fun to be in.
I'm sure it would be hard to find a club, with well over 200 members, who
all get along as well as the folks in the 070 Club do.

Thanks again Guys, for this honor.
73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Congratulation, Bernie. Thanks.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

[...]

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Congratulations to Bernie and Charlie for their achievements which gained
them Honorary Members of this most prestigious of PSK clubs. The edict from
the Marble Halls was just :) Ernie

[...]

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <cctrice@...>

Wow. I am *truly* honored. What a surprise! Gosh, I'm (almost) without
words.

I am not a joiner by nature. But I made such a good move though to join all
y'all in this fine PSK group. I've never been associated with a nicer
bunch.

I was off the air for about 10 years when this thing called "life" got in
the way. I kept reading QST and this PSK thing bit me. And I'm so glad it
did.

Thanks to all for this great honor and for the congratulatory notes. I'm
happy to splurge for the beer and pretzels next time. In fact I look
forward to it.

Vy 73,

Chas, K8IJ

[...]

Congrats, Chas.

Didn't you know we all love pretzels and beer? You may be sorry you sid that. :)

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

> Each year the president of PODXS is blessed with the chance to hand pick a
> few hams to become Honorary PODXS members. These selections are based on
> their (non-monetary) contributions to the art of amateur radio. This may
or
> may not be associated with PODXS or the 070 Club. As this years
president, I
> am proud and happy to announce the Class of 2002. They are:
>
> KF4FHS - Bernie Leonard
> for his management of the Low band sprints and the 070 SWL program
>
> and
>
> K8IJ - Charlie Trice
> for his management of the LONP Award and his sage input to the
rest
> of the PODXS gang.
>
> Thanks to both of these Amateurs for their commitment and dedication to
this
> great hobby. They will each receive a Certificate of Membership and are
> afforded all the rights of Honorary membership in the Penn-Ohio DX
Society.

> 73 to all, and thanks again to Bernie and Chas,
> Jay - AA8QQ Pres. PODXS
>

> THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
> -->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
> CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
> -->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
> CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.
> --> NN6DG, 16-18 AUGUST, ANACAPA IS, CA (CHANNEL ISLANDS GROUP, IOTA
NA-144, USI CA-002S, WLH LH-1300, VENTURA COUNTY), 20-10M
> CONTACT INFO: NN6DG CBA OR NN6DG@WUMPUS.NET.
>

> Check out the 070 Club website at
> &amp;amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;amp;gt; for
> the latest information on 070 Club activities.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.
--> NN6DG, 16-18 AUGUST, ANACAPA IS, CA (CHANNEL ISLANDS GROUP, IOTA NA-144, USI CA-002S, WLH LH-1300, VENTURA COUNTY), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: NN6DG CBA OR NN6DG@WUMPUS.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;amp;gt; for

hamopcq

Hey Bernie & Chas,
Congrats and tnx for all the hard work. You made it easy for the rest
of us.
Best Regards,
Lenny K2LAM

Zoltan Bordas <borzol@...>

Congrats for Bernie and Chas! And thanks for their activity also...

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ