From: "Bernie" <kf4fhs@ywave.com>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 3:10 AM
Subject: [070] 80m Autumn Sprint

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the
first ever 80 meter PSK
31 Autumn Sprint.
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -----

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON
THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI
WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA
NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm
&amp;gt; for

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

Steve-

I have the same issue that you have. Iron-clad CCR and a big attic. I have
not yet operated much below 20m. 20m and above, my antennas work quite well
(I even have a rotatable 3-el beam for 6m)

I have been meaning to try Hamstick dipoles for 30 & 40 meters. Of course,
one can do the same for 80m. While I am sure Hamstick dipoles would be
rather inefficient, such a setup might get guys like us presence on the
band, and might even be a step above a dummy load.

Just a thought...

Peter Baskind
AG4KI

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M.
Germantown, TN
Voice: (901) 624-5295
Fax: (901) 624-6060
pbaskind@midsouth.rr.com

DL2AYL@...

Seems I can't get an idea for an 80 m antenna, all the offered url's keep
telling me " Site can't be found" .
73's Erika/DL2AYL

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Peter,

Hamsticks work great. I live in a gated community (retirement mobile home park) in Colorado Springs. I have permission to put up an antenna as long as it isn't too "obnoxious." So, to keep peace I went to a Hustler 4BTV Vertical mounted on the ground. (A neighbor, K0UIV, heard that I was going to put up an antenna, so he put a Hustler 6BTV on his roof, with tuned radial, and hasn't had any complaints from management or neighors). It works fine. But, before I put up the 4BTV I used Hamsticks and still do for 12, 17 & 75 meters. I took a piece of aluminum and attached it to the supports for an aluminum cover over my rear porch/redwood deck. Then I attached a mirror mount and a male quick disconnect on it. At the base of the Hamsticks I used the female quick disconnect. It's easy to change, although standing on a redwood chair to reach up and change bands is/was a pain, it works. There are times I can hear better with the Hamsticks than with the 4BTV. I've never used the Hamsticks in a rotatable dipole configuration, but I've talked to guys/gals that have and they seem to think they work quite well and are "somewhat" directional. Since I have permission from the Management here I will probably try one this Fall or Winter. My neighbors haven't complained (although I had one neighbor a block away that said I was getting into her computer speakers and telephone). A couiple of toroids solved the computer speaker problem and the phone lines were the phone company problem, as she said she was hearing the interference when I wasn't even transmitting. That was an easy solution.

Give the Hamsticks a try. Either configuration (dipole or vertical) may work well. They are a great little antenna. I have several different makes of the, but call the Hamsticks. Kinda like Kleenex. It doesn't make any difference who makes it, it's still Kleenex. :)

Good luck and I hope the "Reasonable accomodation" legislation in the House at present, gets passed and you will be allowed to install a better antenna system.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

If you'd like a picture of how I have the Hamstick mounted on my porch cover, provide me with an e-mail address and I'll be most happy to send them to you. You can e-mail me directly at the address below my name.

[...]

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Erika,

The link I posted is a .pdf file and you need Acrobat reader to view it.
The link to it is good, I just checked it out.
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0104040.pdf

The article is on this website:
http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Technical_Reference/Antennas/Wire/

It's titled "80 Meter Wire Antenna" the first one on the list. You might
try going to the website to get it.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Seems I can't get an idea for an 80 m antenna, all the offered url's keep
telling me " Site can't be found" .
73's Erika/DL2AYL

DL2AYL@...

Thanks Bernie,
I have found a website of a dealer for the IsoTron antenna, it is worth
considering. Must think about it...
73's Erika/DL2AYL

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 15:53 21/7/2002 +0200, you wrote:

Seems I can't get an idea for an 80 m antenna, all the
offered url's keep telling me " Site can't be found" .
Hi, I have an NVIS dipole (at 6 m over ground plane),
which is unsuitable for long distance QSOs. I manage
only to have a few extra multipliers from the neighborhood
in CW/RTTY contests but it don't think I can contribute
seriously to the 80 m contest.

73 Costas SV1XV