80m Autumn Sprint

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the first ever 80 meter PSK 31
Autumn Sprint.

Date-- 20 - September - 2002

For a complete list of rules go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/leonards/80mrules.html

Please read the rules carefully, and take note of the scoring. Power
multipliers will be used in this Sprint.

Direct any questions to kf4fhs@ywave.com

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hey Steve & Ernie,
How about a dummy load with an 8' whip sticking out of it? That oughta fit
in an attic. Might even put a few mW out on the air (with a kW in). Hey
Bernie, would that be considered QRP? Less than 5 watts out into the air
from the system.
Other than that, an 80 meter sprint sounds like a good time to check out some
of these wires hangin around here. When's the 160 meter sprint?

73 de Jay - AA8QQ

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Uhmm! I'll have to get an 80 meter antenna up eh! Love it :) Ernie

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the first ever 80 meter PSK 31
Autumn Sprint.

Date-- 20 - September - 2002

For a complete list of rules go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/leonards/80mrules.html

Please read the rules carefully, and take note of the scoring. Power
multipliers will be used in this Sprint.

Direct any questions to kf4fhs@ywave.com

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;gt; for

Steve W3HF

Me too. Anyone have any ideas for something that will fit in an attic?

Uhmm! I'll have to get an 80 meter antenna up eh! Love it :) Ernie

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the first ever 80 meter PSK
31 Autumn Sprint.

Richard B Drake

Do you have a 40 meter long attic :-) How about letting the ends
of a half wave dipole dangle down from the vents at each end of
the attic?

73, Rich - W3ZJ

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the first
ever 80 meter PSK
31 Autumn Sprint.

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA
NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;gt; for

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Uhmm! what do you say Steve? he who laughs last, laughs longest eh! Ernie

[...]

Well, I'm open to suggestions, but I think this one is a bit much!!!

Uhmm! what do you say Steve? he who laughs last, laughs longest eh!
Ernie

How about a dummy load with an 8' whip sticking out of it? That
oughta
fit
in an attic. Might even put a few mW out on the air (with a kW in).
Hey Bernie, would that be considered QRP? Less than 5 watts out
into the air from the system. Other than that, an 80 meter sprint
sounds like a good time to check out
some
of these wires hangin around here. When's the 160 meter sprint?

73 de Jay - AA8QQ

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Steve,

Check out this article:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/pdf/0104040.pdf

73, Bernie / KF4fHS

Me too. Anyone have any ideas for something that will fit in an attic?

Uhmm! I'll have to get an 80 meter antenna up eh! Love it :) Ernie

The PODXS 070 Club is proud to announce the first ever 80 meter PSK
31 Autumn Sprint.

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;gt; for

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay,

You're right, 5 watts out is qrp, no matter how it's manufactured.

If we could get everybody to use one of these dummy whips of yours maybe,
I could win something.

The 160 Sprint will be coming up towards the end of the year.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS