070 Club logo

N3DQU@...

If anyone out there rolls their own QSL cards and would like to have Rollo
(our 070 Club mascot) to print on their cards, I have a small, .wmf version
that stands abt 3/4 of an inch tall and looks pretty neat. Just send me an
email direct to n3dqu@aol.com and I'll send it to ya. I know that not
everyone is able to work with .wmf files, but so far I haven't been able to
successfully convert this to anything else, so the graphics gurus are welcome
to give it a shot too! 73 de Jay N3DQU

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 11:06 18/7/2002 -0400, you wrote:

but so far I haven't been able to successfully convert this
to anything else, so the graphics gurus are welcome to give
it a shot too! 73 de Jay N3DQU
Jay, if you can display it on screen, then you can capture it
with a bitmap manipulation program like Paintshop etc.

73 Costas SV1XV

Richard B Drake

Jay,

Bring up the image in your VMF viewer and copy it to the clip
board. Then bring up MS Paint (delivered with every version of
windows) and paste it in. Then using "File/Save As" select jpeg
(jpg) as the file format and save it. Anyone can display jpeg.
Even I don't know what VMF is :-)

73, Rich - W3ZJ

If anyone out there rolls their own QSL cards and
would like to have Rollo
(our 070 Club mascot) to print on their cards, I have a
small, .wmf version
that stands abt 3/4 of an inch tall and looks pretty
neat. Just send me an
email direct to n3dqu@aol.com and I'll send it to ya. I
know that not
everyone is able to work with .wmf files, but so far I
haven't been able to
successfully convert this to anything else, so the
graphics gurus are welcome
to give it a shot too! 73 de Jay N3DQU

Tom <tomias@...>

Hi Jay,

Please send me the file ... although I am not familiar with the .wmf format ... I am eager to give it a try.

Tom, k3psk

If anyone out there rolls their own QSL cards and would like to have Rollo
(our 070 Club mascot) to print on their cards, I have a small, .wmf version
that stands abt 3/4 of an inch tall and looks pretty neat. Just send me an
email direct to n3dqu@aol.com and I'll send it to ya. I know that not
everyone is able to work with .wmf files, but so far I haven't been able to
successfully convert this to anything else, so the graphics gurus are welcome
to give it a shot too! 73 de Jay N3DQU

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;gt; for

Steve W3HF

--- In 070@y..., "Richard B. Drake" <rich@w...> wrote:
Jay,

Bring up the image in your VMF viewer and copy it to the clip
board. Then bring up MS Paint (delivered with every version of
windows) and paste it in. Then using "File/Save As" select jpeg
(jpg) as the file format and save it. Anyone can display jpeg.
Even I don't know what VMF is :-)

73, Rich - W3ZJ
Rich -

Been there. Done that. Doesn't work. The file is converted, but it
loses resolution, to the point where the words are unreadable. (Jay
and I went through this about a month ago.)

WMF is Windows MetaFile. It's a vector graphic, so it inherently
preserves resolution as it is scaled. But whenever I've tried to
convert it to something else (JPEG, GIF, etc) it gets hosed, no
matter what program I've used to open it or perform the conversion.
Jay had the same experience himself, hence his statements.

Stu <samalex@...>

I think its windows meta file .wmf

if you have no joy send me the .wmf and i will do it for you

Stu MM0BSM

www.islay.0catch.com

www.qsl.net/gm6nx

[...]

In a message dated 7/18/2002 8:44:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
samalex@eidosnet.co.uk writes:

Ok tried to covert to bmp and sent a copy to Jay Just waiting for opinion
and if ok can do it in different sizes

I did it with paint shop pro 7 and made it larger before I converted to bmp

I have two sizes one being 10k (48 x 78 pixels 72 per inch) and the other
200k (210 x 333 pixels 72 per inch)

lets hope it passes the test

waiting on you Jay

The large .bmp prints pretty good Stu, even after I shrunk it down to an
inch high or so. The small .bmp you sent is pretty rough and not usable.
Also, Zoli YO5CRQ sent me a couple .jpg images of Rollo and they look pretty
decent too, altho the slashed zero didn't parse well on his computer. The
colors are just a little off, as his fur is more of a red color, but the
resolution is there and doesnt look too bad printed out. So looks like the
members have their choice of .wmf, .bmp or .jpg versions....Jay

Stu <samalex@...>