[PSK-TARA] Reminder - San Andres on the air

Steve W3HF

San Andres on the air

Date: Saturday, July 20, 2002
Time: All Day

HK0ZZ will be on the air from July 16 until the 29th of july.
QSL to DH7WW.

Note that the callsign they are actually using is 5K0Z, not the
HK0ZZ that was advertised pre-trip. And they're on 20m PSK right
now.

Good luck.

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

I tried to get him (5K0Z) today. He would call CQ and say 5 UP, then answer stations right on his frequency. He was all over the band. Not sure who the operator was, but he should get his act together.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

> HK0ZZ will be on the air from July 16 until the 29th of july.
> QSL to DH7WW.

Note that the callsign they are actually using is 5K0Z, not the
HK0ZZ that was advertised pre-trip. And they're on 20m PSK right
now.

Good luck.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-->KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-->W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET.

Check out the 070 Club website at
&amp;lt; http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm &amp;gt; for

Steve W3HF

I tried to get him (5K0Z) today. He would call CQ and say 5 UP, then
answer stations right on his frequency. He was all over the band.
Not sure who the operator was, but he should get his act together.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net
I watched him a while last night after I posted that message, and saw
the same thing. I saw Costas calling him up about 1 kHz, and then
he'd respond on frequency.

I am surprised at the "UP 5" note. 5 kHz is too much for PSK,
unless you are really using the split-frequency mode of your
transceiver. 200-1500 Hz is more reasonable.

It's a shame. We need some good DX ops to "train" the masses, by
imposing discipline. Alan KI7WO did very well on TI9M, but the
messages need to be reinforced by all the DXpedition ops.