From: N3DQU@aol.com
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2002 12:51 AM
Subject: [070] 40m Sprint

Well, I guess 40m isn't broken after all, eh? I could only work the last
two hours, but made 16 Q's so that wasn't too bad. How did the rest of you
guys do? Jay

Check out the 070 Club website at

spdomingue@...

I did 19 contacts and had fun think this should be a reqular thing was great to see all the signals on the band.

Look for everyone on the next event
73's and thanks
SteveD
N6YIH/7

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi All,
That was great!!!!!!
I ran QRP and made 27 QSO's with 17 Mult's
(19 mult's if I count USA & Canada as DXCC entities, can we?)
Great fun, and in bed by 0230. Fantastic!
Thanks & 73 to all,
Jay - AA8QQ

Hey, where do we send our logs?

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 7/7/2002 12:45:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
AA8QQJMauch@aol.com writes:

Hey, where do we send our logs?
Now don't be visiting the 070 Club website or anything crazy like that
dood! Ya might find out something by accident :o) Jay N3DQU

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <k8ij@...>

I had a bit of fun working 17 stations and 12 states on 40M. Never saw so much activity there. Wish the XYL's visitors had left earlier and I could have spent more time in the 'Test.

Let's do it again! Vy 73,

Chas, K8IJ

Well, I guess 40m isn't broken after all, eh? I could only work the last
two hours, but made 16 Q's so that wasn't too bad. How did the rest of you
guys do? Jay

Check out the 070 Club website at

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay (AA8QQ)

Yes, you count your own country and Canada as DX entities. If anyone has
already sent their logs in and failed to do this, I will change your final
score to reflect it.

Send your logs to kf4fhs@ywave.com

or:

Bernie Leonard
P.O. Box 2538
Yelm, WA. 98597 USA

I could a swore I put that in the rules :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

I ran QRP and made 27 QSO's with 17 Mult's
(19 mult's if I count USA & Canada as DXCC entities, can we?)
Great fun, and in bed by 0230. Fantastic!
Thanks & 73 to all,
Jay - AA8QQ

Hey, where do we send our logs?

Check out the 070 Club website at

Stephen Prior <smprior@...>

Looks like I had 28 contacts for the evening's work. Good fun and the
shorter amt of time was good for me .Ran out of steam at midnight CDT and
called it quits. Good to both coasts and alot in between.

Band was not "open" to N4ZUM so the "local streak" on 40 meters was broken
at 2 - TDW and FD.

N3UYI

Well, I guess 40m isn't broken after all, eh? I could only work the
last
two hours, but made 16 Q's so that wasn't too bad. How did the rest of you
guys do? Jay

Check out the 070 Club website at

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi Sean,
I've only worked 6 m PSK on 50.290. Maybe I'll start checking in on 230 also.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Many thanks Bernie for correcting my 40m score. I had forgotten to include
the W and VE mults. Ernie

Sean \(G4UCJ\) <g4ucj.shack@...>

Hi all, just a suggestion about the 40m sprint - how about doing a cumulative type thingy, say 4 sprints with the best three counting (the rsgb do that sort of thing)? I couldn't get on air for this one but this sounds like fun, so don't fancy having to wait a whole year 'till the next one :)

On a different note, could the person who stole/borrowed the ionosphere please return it! We miss our propagation. 10m has been really bad this year, but for some odd reason 40m has been great (128 dxcc worked), and this is near the peak? Hmm what's going on up there!

I will be looking for USA on 6m later in the year (although VE is being heard in the UK already), so remember to point your beams East and watch for a tiny signal! Best on CW is TX, so I am confident that PSK will go further for the same power (10w). What QRG do you guys listen for PSK on? I think it's about 50.230 over here.

73 Sean G4UCJ

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

10m has been really bad this year...
No kidding, Sean. The E-skip season has been terrible the past couple of
weeks. I haven't heard a peep on 6m in three days or so. Not sure what the
deal is.

Not so sure that 6 will be that great as we head into the Fall. Last
Fall -- my first as a Ham -- was unbelievable, even with my lame 3-element
in the attic. But, the SFI was running in the mid-200s in December/January.
We are 100 points below that now.

As far as the frequency for PSK is concerned, I have been told that the
frequency here is 50.290. But I have never heard any PSK activity on 6. I
may have been given bogus information.

Which reminds me -- why is it no one uses PSK for 2m weak signal? Gosh, it
would work great, yet I have only made 1 contact on 2m PSK (a mere 250
miles). Just a thought...

Peter
AG4KI

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M.
Germantown, TN
Voice: (901) 624-5295
Fax: (901) 624-6060
pbaskind@midsouth.rr.com

hamopcq

Hello All,
Looks like everyone had a GREAT time during the 40m Sprint. I'm sorry
I missed it, but I'm sure there will be another one. And to make
matters worse, I don't have 40 meter capabilities. Here in the
concrete jungle, it's even hard stringing up a wire unless I put it
through my neighbors window.
Regards,
Lenny K2LAM