40m Sprint question

N3DQU@...

I will be there, altho late as I have to work...Btw, we aren't asking you
to log your entries by local time, just to use your local time as the start
time for the sprint...Jay N3DQU

n0bhc

Yes - for about 4 hours
Bob N0BHC

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

I'd like to take a little poll.

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Andy <ve9dx@...>

Bernie... I am sure you know my feeling by now but to make it official...
No

Andy

Ex: VE1ASJ, VE1DX, VE1SPI, VE8CW, VO2AB, CI8CW, CY0SPI, HP9FC, ZD9BP
etc...
Home page: http://www.ve9dx.com
Online Logs: http://www.ve9dx.com/logs.html
Telnet links: http://www.ve9dx.com/telnet/sites.html
(with links to over 200 Open DXclusters)
VE9DX Online logs: http://www.ve9dx.com/ve9dx2k/ve9dx2k.html
Email: ve9dx@rac.ca

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.
I will give it a shot. So, count me as a "Yup."

Now, since being attic-bound, I really don't have a decent 40m antenna, I
will be working my usual QRP with my MP1 out in the backyard. Pretty wimpy
stuff.

So, if no one hears me... that's why.

Peter Baskind
AG4KI

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Peter,

Your setup ain't wimpy, I saw you here in WA State the other night on 20,
but you were in QSO with someone else and I had to leave before I got a
chance to holler at you. You had a pretty respectable signal.

Hope to see you Saturday night.
73, Bernie / KF4FHS

I will give it a shot. So, count me as a "Yup."

Now, since being attic-bound, I really don't have a decent 40m antenna, I
will be working my usual QRP with my MP1 out in the backyard. Pretty
wimpy
stuff.

So, if no one hears me... that's why.

Peter Baskind
AG4KI

Check out the 070 Club website at

John Durbin <durbinsjz@...>

Keep the sprint going, I will not be on but do not change it just for me. I
think that the idea of 2000 local is a good idea and fair for everyone. If
and when the family gets in the way of the next contest I will just get rid
of them hi hi. Have fun and I will be complaining to the xyl the whole time
just so she does not plan a trip on a contest date again hi hi.

Chris KC8LJN

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Check out the 070 Club website at

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Brilliant! Ernie WM2U

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Check out the 070 Club website at

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Hey! Jay,
Hope to see you in there boss. I like this local time business. Yea! I
know...I like anything that's different :)
Hope to see DE and VT out there as I need em for the 070 lower 48 award.
so come Delaware [DE] and Vermont [VT] :) Oh and while we are at it
where are all the 070 YL's eh! I need two more for the 070 88 award so come
on ladies. :)
Since you Scots are 5 hours different we have an overlap between you and
me [EST] and I can work on the "Scottish Piper" award as well, so...yea!
come on fella's shake a leg eh! 73 Ernie WM2U

I will be there, altho late as I have to work...Btw, we aren't asking
you
to log your entries by local time, just to use your local time as the
start
time for the sprint...Jay N3DQU

Stephen Prior <smprior@...>

yes de n3uyi

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Check out the 070 Club website at

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

No. Mainly because of the short notice, Bernie. It's a great idea, but with my wife off work this weekend I don't want to tell her I can't go somewhere because I'm in a PSK contest. Maybe in the late summer or early Fall?

You decide, and whatever the majority wants is fine with me.

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Check out the 070 Club website at

Charlie Trice, K8IJ <k8ij@...>

Hi guys and gals,

Count me in, but starting late. Maybe very late. The XYL, not knowing about the Sprint, invited some folks over for a BBQ.

Great idea for the Sprint, I like 40M a lot, local time idea makes perfect sense, and I guess I'll have to run the guests out early.

Vy 73,

Chas, K8IJ

How many are planning on playing in the 40 meter sprint.

All you need to do is reply to this email and type yes or no, or add any
comments you would like.

I'm just trying to find out how everyone feels about it.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Check out the 070 Club website at

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hi guys and gals,

Count me in, but starting late. Maybe very late. The XYL, not knowing
about the Sprint, invited some folks over for a BBQ.

Hey Charlie,

At 7:30 suggest that everybody go for a swim.

At about 8:00 tell them you have a cramp in your side and you're goin in
the house to lay down. While they're out there actin like a bunch of fish,
you can be inside enjoying the Sprint :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS