40 Meter Sprint update

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hey Bernie,
Which LOCAL time? Yours or mine (Eastern or Pacific)?

Jay - AA8QQ

ebruchac@...

Count me in.
Benie,can you call me around 8 pm? Our sundials quit working down here around
sunset......

FWIW,as an avid 40M psker; the lower frequencies are a little less prone from
interference.I usually set the dial for 7.069.
Patience is the keyword,on 40M ,when you're getting slammed by
interference.And,even when the noise level is running S5-S7,you can still
pull out a trace or two.
Fun band.I've worked AL to WA on 5W,on 40M.
CU Sat.
73,
Ed N4ZUM

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 7/5/2002 1:30:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wb0dul@arrl.net
writes:

Local time? Everybody will be on at a different time. How about UTC? We
all understand that.

73,

Dick
Well, the problem with a low band sprint is that 40m will be good for only
part of the world, while the rest will be fighting the sun and fading f
layers. But if we do the sprint using local times instead, then 40m will be
good for everybody. No, you wont be able to work everybody in the contest,
but at least everyone will have more or less the same band to play on. I
think it will work out ok...Jay N3DQU

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

STOP THE PRESSES.

I jumped the gun a little.

The 40 Meter Sprint will be from 2000 - 0200 LOCAL time, I repeat LOCAL
time, Saturday 6-July-2002.

I repeat again 2000 - 0200 LOCAL time. Saturday
6-July-2002

I will post when the rules are on the website.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 7/5/2002 2:01:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wb0dul@arrl.net
writes:

And the winner does get a trip to Jamaica, right? On you, of course. Quit
evading it. We're all waiting. :)
Where the heck did this Jamaica thing come from anyways? I think you guys are
taking advantage of my advanced years hi!

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay,

YOUR local time. It starts at 8 pm Saturday evening, no matter where you
are.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Which LOCAL time? Yours or mine (Eastern or Pacific)?

Jay - AA8QQ

Check out the 070 Club website at

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Ed,

If I forget to call you, just remember on Saturday night, when the big
hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 8, start calling CQ 40m TEST
:-)

See ya Saturday & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

WB0DUL@arrl.net

The 40 Meter Sprint will be from 2000 - 0200 LOCAL time, I repeat LOCAL
time, Saturday 6-July-2002.

I repeat again 2000 - 0200 LOCAL time. Saturday
6-July-2002

I will post when the rules are on the website.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

And the winner does get a trip to Jamaica, right? On you, of course. Quit evading it. We're all waiting. :)

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net

> Local time? Everybody will be on at a different time. How about UTC? We
> all understand that.
>
> 73,
>
> Dick

Well, the problem with a low band sprint is that 40m will be good for only
part of the world, while the rest will be fighting the sun and fading f
layers. But if we do the sprint using local times instead, then 40m will be
good for everybody. No, you wont be able to work everybody in the contest,
but at least everyone will have more or less the same band to play on. I
think it will work out ok...Jay N3DQU

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at

n0bhc

In a message dated 7/5/02 9:41:13 AM Central Daylight Time, wb0dul@arrl.net
writes:

We just thought it would be nice of you to send the contest winner to
Jamaica for a week to rest up from the pressures of the contest. The
winner can take his wife or girlfriend, or both. :)

Oh, we would never take advantage of your advanced years. We wouldn't,
would we, guys and gals?

73,

Dick
WB0DUL@arrl.net
I still think it's great of JAY to make the offer to reward the winner. What
a guy!

Bob N0BHC

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>