New endorsements up

N3DQU@...

Four new endorsements have been posted on the 070 Club website for your
PSK operating pleasure! For more info, check 'em out at <
http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/070_hotdog.htm > ...73 de Jay N3DQU.

DL2AYL@...

Jay,

<<GM0KWW, GM, MM0CBL, MM (0,1,2,4 or 5), MM3 (i.e. You must work GM0KWW and
MM0CBL in addition to working another GM and MM).>>

How is that meant, we can't work MM1 or GM1, I'm not so sure about the
numbers 2 and 4 but I never saw any MM1 or GM1 on HF-bands.

73's Erika

Sean &#92;(G4UCJ&#92;) <g4ucj.shack@...>

Hi Erika, let me clear up our prefixes as they can be confusing!
FOUNDATION LICENCE: 10W ALL BANDS EXCEPT 10m
Prefix: M3 (MM3 etc.)
INTERMEDIATE LICENCE (class A): 50W ALL BANDS
Prefix: 2E0 (2M0 etc)
INTERMEDIATE LICENCE (class B): 50W 50MHz and above

FULL LICENCE (class A) 400W ALL BANDS
Prefix: G0,2,3,4,5 (2 LTR), 6 (2LTR), 8 (2LTR); M0

FULL LICENCE (class B) 400W 50MHz and above
Prefix G1,6 (3ltr), 7, 8 (3 ltr); M1

It's a horrible system! So you won't get any 1's on HF (yet!) as it's a VHF licence. Hope that clears things up a bit. The exception to the rule are the single letter contest calls which could contain any number plus a single letter suffix.

73 Sean, G4UCJ

<<GM0KWW, GM, MM0CBL, MM (0,1,2,4 or 5), MM3 (i.e. You must work GM0KWW and
MM0CBL in addition to working another GM and MM).>>

How is that meant, we can't work MM1 or GM1, I'm not so sure about the
numbers 2 and 4 but I never saw any MM1 or GM1 on HF-bands.

73's Erika

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at

Sean &#92;(G4UCJ&#92;) <g4ucj.shack@...>

OOps, forgot the prefix for Intermediate B licences, they are 2E1 (2M1) etc.

<<GM0KWW, GM, MM0CBL, MM (0,1,2,4 or 5), MM3 (i.e. You must work GM0KWW and
MM0CBL in addition to working another GM and MM).>>

How is that meant, we can't work MM1 or GM1, I'm not so sure about the
numbers 2 and 4 but I never saw any MM1 or GM1 on HF-bands.

73's Erika

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at

DL2AYL@...

Hi Sean,

Thank you for the enlightenment, have already 60% of the
Tartan-Endorsement.
I'm still after you for my 070 collection, you are the only one of the
UK-hams who escaped me.
73's to all and best wishes to the US-070ers for a great
and peaceful Independence Day-weekend !
Erika/DL2AYL

Sean &#92;(G4UCJ&#92;) <g4ucj.shack@...>

Hi Erika, I'm afraid I'm a pretty rare catch on PSK at the moment as most of my air time is spent on CW but perhaps we can make a sked, perhaps on 30 or 40m? They seem to be the best for DL from here.
73 Sean G4UCJ