FD Success stories??

ebruchac@...

Let me see if I can slip in a legit msg.,in between the virus mailouts.
Anyone have sucess with PSK,last weekend? 10M and 80M never really opened
up,down here...15M and 40M were good,and 20M seemed to be where all the
activity was.
Ran my FT817,off Gel cells,through a portable MP-1 antenna,in an RF
challenged part of the State,(AL).
The BBQ was good though.....
Ed N4ZUM

n0bhc

In a message dated 6/26/02 7:04:02 PM Central Daylight Time, ebruchac@... writes:

Let me see if I can slip in a legit msg.,in between the virus mailouts.
Anyone have sucess with PSK,last weekend? 10M and 80M never really opened
up,down here...15M and 40M were good,and 20M seemed to be where all the
activity was.

Same picture here in Minnesota.  Didn't have a lot of time to operate but it seemed like 80 never opened up.

Bob  N0BHC

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi All,
The little time I got to work FD this year was mostly on PSK. Worked 40 on
Sunday morning (wee hours), then a little 20 & 15 Sunday, AM. Even lucked
into a 6 meter opening Sunday, AM. Worked a PSK QSO from OH to GA. Lots of
fun.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

Sorry, no file attached.

Steve W3HF

Let me see if I can slip in a legit msg.,in between the virus
mailouts. Anyone have sucess with PSK,last weekend? 10M and 80M never
really opened up,down here...15M and 40M were good,and 20M seemed to
be where all the activity was. Ran my FT817,off Gel cells,through a
portable MP-1 antenna,in an RF challenged part of the State,(AL). The
BBQ was good though..... Ed N4ZUM
I was out in CA on a business trip, and working most of Saturday
and also Sunday afternoon. So I couldn't really set up a portable
FD effort. I did, however, operate for about 3-1/2 hours from the club
station I use (class 1D), handing out a few contacts for the other
participants.

WA6GFY doesn't have an 80m antenna, so I couldn't check that.
Never saw anyone on 10m. (I only made one 10m contact over the
entire week I was there!)

Most of the action I saw was on 40 and 20. 20 seemed busier, but
my QSO count was about the same on each (14 on 40, 15 on 20).
Made one (PSK) contact on 15. (Also made one SSB contact on
15--couldn't resist picking up Hawaii QRP.)

Only managed three contacts with 070 members--KF4FHS on both
40 and 20, and KK7UQ (operating W7JCR) on 40. If I worked any
others of you I didn't recognize, please let me know.

Richard B Drake

Slip it in is right. Every few seconds another one is popping up.
Come on Ernie, check your system :-)

Anyway, I worked only 20 meters class 1E (FT-817 on battery). The
amount of activity was tremendous, even managed to hook up with
Steve (W3HF/6) for the first time. Normally he's too close but
when he's 2000 miles away on business I can work him :-)

Now, KILL THE ATTACHMENTS, Please!!!

73, Rich - W3ZJ

[...]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Steve W3HF

Anyway, I worked only 20 meters class 1E (FT-817 on battery). The
amount of activity was tremendous, even managed to hook up with Steve
(W3HF/6) for the first time. Normally he's too close but when he's
2000 miles away on business I can work him :-)
Yes, it was good to finally work Rich on the air (after numerous
email "QSOs" on various topics). It was especially nice to do it 817-
to-817.

Steve

P.S. If anyone else is counting IOTAs on PSK for the 070
endorsement, note that W3ZJ (if he's at home, like he was last
Saturday) counts for NA-140.

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 6/26/2002 8:04:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ebruchac@aol.com writes:

Ran my FT817,off Gel cells,through a portable MP-1 antenna,in an RF
challenged part of the State,(AL).
With APE coming just over the horizon, would like to hear what kind of
power setup the battery heads used last weekend, both for the rig and the
laptop...Jay N3DQU.

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay and All,

I used a TS-430s that I powered with a deepcycle marine battery and used a
pent. 120 laptop with a garden tractor battery. I was really surprised that
the laptop drained the tractor battery as much as it did, even with all the
power saving stuff turned on, I don't think it would have went much farther.

I flung a 40 meter dipole up in the trees, and no Jay, I didn't use an
htx-202 for a counter weight, you're the only feller that I know who would
confess to that :-)

Our contesting, to say the least was very laid back, the xyl got hooked on
PSK and is now waiting on the next test session so she can upgrade to
General, and we got the two friends we stayed with hooked on Ham radio in
general and now they are both syudying for their Tech license, so I guess
you could say it was a success.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS