APE Announcement

Steve W3HF

Once again, our family will be heading to North Carolina for an
August vacation on the beach, and I will bring my PSK station with
us. Last year's operation was marginal--I only had 20m available,
and I had to miss three or four days out of the week due to a
business trip. I hope that this year turns out better. Expedition details
follow.

Destination:

Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
Carteret County
IOTA NA-112 (Bogue Banks Island)
Grid Square FM14
(There is a US Islands designation I can look up if anyone needs it.)

Dates:

10-17 August 2002 (but probably VERY late UTC on the 10th, if at
all)

Bands:

20-10m (including WARC, I hope) using a multiband dipole. 40m is
a possibility if I can get a longwire strung up.

Rig:

Yaesu FT-817 (yes, still QRP even on a trip)

Members:

W3HF and eight-year-old harmonic Matthew. (Matthew may be a
guest operator at times. If he is on the air for a QSO, please
welcome him.)

Contact Info:

W3HF CBA or w3hf@arrl.net

Note that I probably won't have internet access while on the trip.
There is a phone at the beach house--if anyone really wants it, I can
provide it in advance.

QSL Route:

via W3HF (direct, bureau, or eQSL)

Special Note:

I will send a special QSL to the 070 member who contacts me on the
most bands during this trip.

If there are any other questions, please contact me.

AA8QQJMauch@...

What a coincidence.
This is the first year that XYL Tina and I are going to the outer banks for
our vacation during the month of August. Guess I'll have to take a little
more equipment along. And I thought the high point of the vacation was gonna
be learning to hang glide...

I will put up another post when I get more info on USI or IOTA, etc.

Thanks for the info Jay.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay,

Be sure and setup your rig and make your contacts BEFORE you start your
hang gliding lessons :-)

Good Luck & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

This is the first year that XYL Tina and I are going to the outer banks
for
our vacation during the month of August. Guess I'll have to take a little
more equipment along. And I thought the high point of the vacation was
gonna
be learning to hang glide...

I will put up another post when I get more info on USI or IOTA, etc.

Thanks for the info Jay.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

Check out the 070 Club website at

Steve W3HF

Destination:

Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
Carteret County
IOTA NA-112 (Bogue Banks Island)
Grid Square FM14
(There is a US Islands designation I can
look up if anyone needs it.)
USI number is NC010S

spdomingue@...

Steve

OK have fun be looking for you and what is the USI number I have heard of USDA but not a USI number.

SteveD
N6YIH/7

Steve W3HF

USI is the US Islands award program. It's like IOTA, but for US islands
only. IOTA tends to group many (close together) islands into one listing,
while USI keeps them separate. This makes for many more islands to chase.

More details are found at

http://www.eng.mu.edu/~usi/index.html