multi stations in the TDW

N3DQU@...

N6YIH/7 asked abt multi stations in the TDW. I thought he was talking
about multi-op stations, but what he was asking about was having more than
one rig on the air. The answer is yes, if you want to run more than one rig
in the TDW, then by all means go for it, but single-op only...73 de Jay
N3DQU.

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 5/26/2002 1:12:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time, w3hf@... writes:

FWIW, that category is called Single/Multi, for Single Operator,
Multiple Transmitter. Especially with PSK, and the "canned"
contest QSOs, one could envision multiple transmitter/computer
combinations, all run by a single operator.

   Correct as usual, King Friday :o)...Anyone out there running more than one soundcard in the computer I wonder? 'dqu

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 5/26/2002 11:42:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4fhs@... writes:

Hey Jay,

  Does that mean I can use my HTX-202 :-)

         73, Bernie / KF4FHS

   Sure, if you can crank it down to the hf bands hi! 'dqu

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay,

Does that mean I can use my HTX-202 :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

N6YIH/7 asked abt multi stations in the TDW. I thought he was talking
about multi-op stations, but what he was asking about was having more than
one rig on the air. The answer is yes, if you want to run more than one
rig
in the TDW, then by all means go for it, but single-op only...73 de Jay
N3DQU.

Check out the 070 Club website at

Steve W3HF

N6YIH/7 asked abt multi stations in the TDW. I thought he was
talking
about multi-op stations, but what he was asking about was having more
than one rig on the air. The answer is yes, if you want to run more
than one rig in the TDW, then by all means go for it, but single-op
only...73 de Jay N3DQU.
FWIW, that category is called Single/Multi, for Single Operator,
Multiple Transmitter. Especially with PSK, and the "canned"
contest QSOs, one could envision multiple transmitter/computer
combinations, all run by a single operator.

As for true Multi/Multi PSK competition, stay tuned. Ernie and I are
working on some ideas for the Fall Rumble ....

Steve W3HF

Correct as usual, King Friday :o)
Cute reference, Jay. But if you start asking for an ugga-mugga, I'm
going to run away, real fast!!!

Anyone out there running more than one soundcard in the
computer I wonder?
I think I've heard of some folks doing that, but I think it's tricky
getting multiple instantiations of the same program to look for
different sound cards and serial ports.

I would think it would be easier to set up a few laptops, and keep it
all separate. Only problem would be counting the multipliers in the
TDW across all the computers.

Steve