Dayton Update

N3DQU@...

Here is the list of 070 members who have said they are making the trip
this year:
DL2AYL, KC8LJN, KF8OR, N3DQU, N3JWJ, N3XC, WM2U, WU4O.
So what are the plans for Dayton? Well, except for the forum Sunday
morning, we really don't have anything official planned, hopefully we will be
better organized next year. As everyone is pretty well spread out around the
Dayton area, I would like to suggest that we have two informal eyeballs...one
Friday evening and one Saturday evening.
Friday - DL2AYL and K8FOR are staying in Troy and I will be in Piqua, both
towns located north of Dayton on I-75. After talking with KF8OR, we have
decided to meet Friday evening around 6:30pm at Applebee's in Troy, Ohio,
just off of I-75. All are invited of course! Directions: Off at exit 74 on
I-75, then west on State Route 41 a few hundred feet.
Saturday - I am hoping to find someplace for the Saturday eyeball closer
to the hamfest so those without immediate transportation will have a chance
to meet the other members. I will let you know asap when plans get firmed up
for the Saturday eyeball.
Wx forecast for Dayton:
Friday May 17 T-Storms, Hi 65F, Lo 45F
Saturday May 18 Partly Cloudy, Hi 61F, Lo 45F
Sunday May 19 Mostly Cloudy, Hi 68F, Lo 45F

Looking forward to putting some faces on these calls hi!...73 de Jay
N3DQU.

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Man, it's a small world.  Before I had to cancel Dayton this year, we were going to be staying with a sister-in-law in Piqua.  All previous visits we've stayed in Troy.  Before moving here to Colorado springs, we lived in Lima.

See ya in 2003, Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.  :)

Have fun and have one for me.

73,

[...]

   Check out the 070 Club website at

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

Hey! I don't have any transportation, there are 8 of us sharing a mini bus.
We will be getting a shuttle bus in so must ride with these guys from the
hall to the shuttle. I might miss ya'll eh! boo-hoo!. However, I am staying
at Middleton, Fairfield Inn by Marriott at 6750 Roosevelt Pky, Middletown,
OH [tel:513-424-5444] which is also North of Dayton but a lot closer to
Dayton than Troy is. I will need a lift to our meetings :) Ernie WM2U

In a message dated 5/13/2002 7:43:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, emills@... writes:

Hey! I don't have any transportation, there are 8 of us sharing a mini bus.
We will be getting a shuttle bus in so must ride with these guys from the
hall to the shuttle.  I might miss ya'll eh! boo-hoo!. However, I am staying
at Middleton, Fairfield Inn by Marriott at 6750 Roosevelt Pky, Middletown,
OH  [tel:513-424-5444] which is also North of Dayton but a lot closer to
Dayton than Troy is.  I will need a lift to our meetings :)  Ernie WM2U

   Not to worry om, we won't leave ya out...Jay

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 5/13/2002 6:27:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wb0dul@... writes:

Man, it's a small world.  Before I had to cancel Dayton this year, we were going to be staying with a sister-in-law in Piqua.  All previous visits we've stayed in Troy.  Before moving here to Colorado springs, we lived in Lima.

See ya in 2003, Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise.  :)

Have fun and have one for me.

73,

Dick

   Hey Dick, don't feel too bad...figure this is just a test run fer next year when we ought to have our ducks in a row, more or less hi! 73 de Jay N3DQU