New Award

g4tgk

Hi,
Is it not possible to put alongside the callsigns of the members on
the PODXS website the date they joined. We could then print off the
list and have a checklist to refer back to. I presume retrospective
contacts are eligible? Perhaps this is too easy though.
Keep up the good work all you volunteers - it is much appreciated.
John, G4TGK.

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 4/28/2002 7:07:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, G4TGK@... writes:

Hi,
Is it not possible to put alongside the callsigns of the members on
the PODXS website the date they joined.

   Well, we had considered posting the dates up on the website, but sometimes downloading data off the web can be a pain, so we decided just to offer the info to those interested in the LONP award rather than make clutter up the website with the extra data. Everyone who asks Chas for a list will be put on an email list, and will automatically get updates fm him as he receives the data fm KA3X....Jay N3DQU.

spdomingue@...

This is really fun I have contacted 99 members NOW after the List been checked I only have 57 and the most of the ones I had to remove from my contact list were by days. some I contacted the day before they recived membership, I was really suprised how many members I had contacted within 5 days of them getting there membership some before and some after.

I just be sitting on my pitty pot here and now that I have said that I am off to contact all the members (again) so looking for all of you out there. And I just ordered a GAP Titan DX vertical so I should be a lot better on 40 and 80 meters very soon.

SteveD
N6YIH/7

DL2AYL@...

Hi Steve,
you are not alone... it's the same here and worse, I have deleted some
contacts because I had worked them before on the same band and no qsl was
necessary and now it turned out the deleted contacts were the ones that
would count for the new award. Nevertheless, I have just 5 to catch now.
Erika/DL2AYL

Bills4570@...

Steve,

I had almost exactly the same experience: ended up with
55 contacts. Several of those I had to delete (by mere
days) were european contacts made on 10M. I haven't heard
hide not hair of them since! Unfortunately, 10M isn't
what it was last year. I hope they're still around in 11
years!

Well, enough sniveling and whining.....

I'll be interested in hearing how you like the GAP Titan.

Regards, Bill
KG6EXF

This is really fun I have contacted 99 members NOW after the List been checked I
only have 57 and the most of the ones I had to remove from my contact list were
by days. some I contacted the day before they recived membership, I was really
suprised how many members I had contacted within 5 days of them getting there
membership some before and some after.

I just be sitting on my pitty pot here and now that I have said that I am off to
contact all the members (again) so looking for all of you out there. And I just
ordered a GAP Titan DX vertical so I should be a lot better on 40 and 80 meters
very soon.

SteveD
N6YIH/7

Check out the 070 Club website at