CQC PSK31 Kontest

AA8QQJMauch@...

Steve,
Ask Zoli to get on.
Jay - AA8QQ

Steve W3HF

Okay, time to move on to the next contest (or should that be kontest?)

Has anyone else noticed the funny twist in the CQC Kontest scoring? A
few of you have commented on the unusual exchange (RST, S/P/C, name,
CQC # or power, rig) but I haven't seen anything on the score
calculations.

Turns out that there are two multiplier totals--S/P/C and names! You
get to count how many different first letters of names you work, up
to 26. (This is kind of like WPX, but with names, not callsigns.) So
the total score is QSO points x S/P/C x names.

I just looked at my log for the Rumble, and counted 15 different
initials for first names, so I'd end up with an extra x15 multiplier.
Of course, I got 15 over a 24-hour period, and the CQC Kontest is a
six-hour sprint, so it may be difficult to find many letters.

Looks like I'll be on the lookout for Quincy, Xavier, Zeke!

One final note--I don't see anything in the rules about working
stations once only, or once per band, or whether the S/P/C
multipliers are per band. Anyone know?

DL2AYL@...

Hi Steve,
I'd be ready to change my name to Xanthippe...
Erika/DL2AYL

Steve W3HF

--- In 070@y..., DL2AYL@t... wrote:
Hi Steve,
I'd be ready to change my name to Xanthippe...
Erika/DL2AYL
Since it seems a number of stations get special callsigns for use in
the WPX contests, maybe we can get the operators to get special names
for this contest!

I wonder how to get a temporary name assigned ...... :-)

Steve

JHudak3rd@...

Steve,
By the powers invested in me by the travelers of the ionosphere, I hereby
assign you the temporary name of "Stroker", or sumthin' like that, for a
period to be determined by a vote of the 070 Worldwide group. All in
favor.......

da OD, (Old Dood),

KA3X

Ernest Mills <emills@...>

AYE!

By the powers invested in me by the travelers of the ionosphere, I hereby
assign you the temporary name of "Stroker", or sumthin' like that, for a
period to be determined by a vote of the 070 Worldwide group. All in
favor.......

da OD, (Old Dood),

KA3X

Check out the 070 Club website at