Ludeks Pictures

Duncan <zl3jt@...>

de Jungle Telegraph
All is not good in Europe...I have never seen a red trace on my screen! Ludek must
have the biggest antenna, with the most gain to get red traces....Hi!
I suppose these people will be in the 'Great' category?
Seriously, that's appalling operation of PSK to the detriment of other operators
on the frequency...
The pictures tell all. I must say that one of them was making it all the way to New
Zealand from Eastern Europe, but not readable but I knew who he was from the stations
he 'worked'...
Apart from that Ludek I hope you did well!
73s Duncan

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi Ludek,
The only time I have seen traces like that was when I was overdriving the
waterfall with the receive audio. All I had to do is turn down the gain in
the "Audio Properties" window from the receiver to the sound card input. No
more Red signals unless someone is REAL loud. Hope this helps.

73,
Jay - AA8QQ

"Luděk Salač <ludek.salac@...>

My antenna 4el. QUAD for 20/15/10 m
2 el. QUAD fix W + 2 el. QUAD fix JA for 40m
inv. V for 80m
... all 40-45m high

TRX IC746, HI MF filter 250 Hz + LOW MF filter 150 Hz ( pictures is filter clear ..)

Ludek, OK1VSL

zl3jt@zfree.co.nz 23.4.02 11:53 >>>
de Jungle Telegraph
All is not good in Europe...I have never seen a red trace on my screen! Ludek must
have the biggest antenna, with the most gain to get red traces....Hi!
I suppose these people will be in the 'Great' category?
Seriously, that's appalling operation of PSK to the detriment of other operators
on the frequency...
The pictures tell all. I must say that one of them was making it all the way to New
Zealand from Eastern Europe, but not readable but I knew who he was from the stations
he 'worked'...
Apart from that Ludek I hope you did well!
73s Duncan

Duncan <zl3jt@...>

Hi Jay!
Nope! If you study the pictures carefully, even though the traces are very red, you
can see that the signals are way out past the 'twin carrier lines'. This is definitely
the fault of the transmission, not the reception. I have seen this on a lot of signals,
not anywhere near that strong.
Such signals utterly destroy the chance of working weak signals on the frequency!

I have written a little 'thesis' This is attached in MS Word as a Text document.

73s de Duncan Jungle Telegraph

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Thanks, Duncan...

I took a look at the document while on-line, but saved it and will read it more thoroughly after I get off.  It looks like something that a lot of folks should read.  Sometimes all of our signals get a little "wide" in the excitement of things.  I have learned to look at the ALC meter and reduce things so that I have no more than 20-25 watts out and no ALC indication.  That seems to help.  At least I've not had any complaints about my on screen waterfall at the other end.

Sometimes I've taken screen shots of the other station and e-mailed it to them to let them see what they looked like at the other end of the spectrum.  I've received many e-mails thanking me and that the screen shot helped them solve their problem.

All the best Jungle Telegraph man.

73,

Zoltan Bordas <borzol@...>

Sometimes I've taken screen shots of the other station and e-mailed it to them to let them see what they looked like at the other end of the spectrum.  I've received many e-mails thanking me and that the screen shot helped them solve their problem.

I'd like also a photo, hi hi.

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Well, when you see wb0dul on your screen, call me and I'll be more than happy to send you a screen shot, Zoli.  Where do you usually hang out when on PSK?

73,

Sometimes I've taken screen shots of the other station and e-mailed it to them to let them see what they looked like at the other end of the spectrum.  I've received many e-mails thanking me and that the screen shot helped them solve their problem.

I'd like also a photo, hi hi.

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

   Check out the 070 Club website at