Wahtz up

AA8QQJMauch@...

Jay,
On second thought. Are you figuring on doing this for every Rumble? Will
you do the opposite for the TDW?
Jay

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

OK Folks, I think I need to apologize for this one, it may be my fault that
the bands are dead.
Back when Jay announced that the 070 club would start chargin a dollar for
the certificates, I said that I hope he don't figure out that he could be
charging us for not turning off the bands with all those hi-tech gizmos he
uses.
Well, I didn't think he reads all these e-mails, but he must have read that
one and got the hint.

If he decides to use this ploy during the Rumble, we may all have to work
the contest via e-mail.

CQ Rumble CQ Rumble de kf4fhs@hotmail.com

73, Bernie

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 4/18/2002 4:53:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4fhs@... writes:

OK Folks, I think I need to apologize for this one, it may be my fault that
the bands are dead.

   Awww, too late now dood, ya already got my feathers ruffled! One more little twist of the ol' coax here and the only thing you'll be doin' tomorrow nite is ponderin' the intricate plot devices on primetime boobtoob with the xyl hi!

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

DQU wrote:
>One more little twist of the ol' coax here and the only thing you'll be doin' tomorrow nite is ponderin' the intricate plot devices on >primetime boobtoob with the xyl
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FHS writes

 At the risk of making myself look ignerunt, I'm going to take a wild guess that in layman's terms, that means that you're going to send my signal straight into the ground this weekend with one of those RF manipulating doo-dads you've got.
 Well it ain't gonna work this time ole buddy.
 I've been working all day on getting ready for the Rumble and making modifications to my station so that my signal won't be affected by your tampering of the ionosphere, and I'm so sure that I've neutralized your capabilities. that I'm going to tell you what I did.
 First, I went down to the scrap yard and bought several rolls of 1/4 in thick X 3 foot wide lead, and I went down in the basement and completly lined the walls with it. Then I went outside and took my dipole out of them big tall trees it was in, and took it down into my lead lined basement and streched it out.

 Now let's see you try and get to my signal.

 73, Bernie :-)

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 4/19/2002 1:51:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kf4fhs@... writes:

Now let's see you try and get to my signal.

73, Bernie :-)

   Bernie, you crack me up! gl in the contest guy 73 de Jay N3DQU

AA8QQJMauch@...

Bernie,
When he sez "Good Luck" he means "Good luck making any QSO's," hi.
Jay - AA8QQ

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Thanks Jay,  Hope to see you and all the rest of the 070 folks this weekend.

  73 & Good Luck,
  Bernie / KF4FHS

Now let's see you try and get to my signal.

73, Bernie :-)

   Bernie, you crack me up! gl in the contest guy 73 de Jay N3DQU

   Check out the 070 Club website at

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

That's kinda the feelin I got Jay, but I gave him the benifit of the doubt,
this time. I'll let you know more after the contest, depending on DQU's
behavior.

73 Bernie
PS: Has anyone else noticed that it's been taking about 4 or 5 hours for
Yahoo to post messages, or is it just me ?