070 Club rule change

N3DQU@...

Dear Fellow PSKers -
Recent increases in the postage rates and the phenomenal growth of the 070
Club this past year now make it very difficult to offer free membership in
the 070 Club without incurring excessive out-of-pocket expenses. We greatly
appreciate the donations we have received from the members and thank you all
for your generosity, but the cost of postage has unfortunately far
outstripped the donations received. For this reason we must ask that the
following rate structure be implemented, effective immediately:

U.S. Basic certificate- $1.00 (US); Additional upgrade stickers - $1.00
(US) per application, or one (1) SASE per each application.
DX Basic certificate- $2.00 (US); Additional upgrade stickers - $1.00
(US) per application. IRC's not being accepted at this time.
Ragchewer’s certificate - $1.00 (US) for US members, $2.00 (US) for DX
members.

Please continue to send your logs and QSL images via email. Applications
will be held until funds are received. You can save yourself money by
applying for your basic certificate along with a log of 300 contacts.
Endorsements and Attaboys will continue to be offered free. Any questions,
send email to JHudak3rd@aol.com. Thank you all for your interest and
understanding....Best 73 de KA3X and N3DQU.

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Shucks, that's still cheap for the amount of fun it is, you can't even buy a
sody pop for a dollar any more.

I'm just glad Jay ain't figured out that he could be chargin us for not
turning the bands off with that crystal ball and those magnets and DX diodes
he become so good at using :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

DL2AYL@...

Ok Jay,
That's just what I thought, with more than 200 members it isn't any longer
affordable, but as bernie pointed out, it is still very cheap for such an
amount of fun.
Erika

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 3/28/2002 3:02:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, kf4fhs@... writes:

I'm just glad Jay ain't figured out that he could be chargin us for not
turning the bands off with that crystal ball and those magnets and DX diodes
he become so good at using :-)

   You keep it up Bernie, and the only communicatin' you'll be doing is thru the Nisqually Valley News :o)

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

I agree, Bernie, but if all of a sudden we get e-mail from him, telling us how nice Hawaii is at this time of the year, we should all be suspicious.  :)

73,

Dick
wb0dul

Shucks, that's still cheap for the amount of fun it is, you can't even buy a
sody pop for a dollar any more.

I'm just glad Jay ain't figured out that he could be chargin us for not
turning the bands off with that crystal ball and those magnets and DX diodes
he become so good at using :-)

             73, Bernie / KF4FHS

   Check out the 070 Club website at

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey, it comes out once a week, I wonder if there's any subscribers in Romania ? Maybe we could set up a sked :-)

 73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Tom <tomias@...>

DX Basic certificate- $2.00 (US); Additional upgrade stickers - $1.00
(US) per application. IRC's not being accepted at this time.
Jay, what is this certificate and what are the qualifications? I did not
find anything
on the web page regarding this one. (Other than the cost mentioned in club
rules).

Tom, k3psk

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hmmm.. Seems to me like I did hear him say he was needin a vacation, and something about gettin a K-2.

          73, Bernie / KF4FHS

I agree, Bernie, but if all of a sudden we get e-mail from him, telling us how nice Hawaii is at this time of the year, we should all be suspicious.  :)

73,

Dick
wb0dul

Steve W3HF