What is the YO prefixs?

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

I thought Romania only had one prefix I know they are at least 5 or 6
call areas but not a prefix this is a prefix kf ,kg ,wb call areas
are number indentifier like 1,2,3 or kg5 or kg6

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 3/8/2002 7:25:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, w3hf@... writes:

But in the prefix-counting sense, the call district is included in the
prefix. (See, for example, the rules for the CQ WPX series, or the
PODXS DPX awards, for a detailed description.)

   Yep, Steve is correct. For the YO endorsement, consider the number as part of the prefix. So YO2, YO3, YO4, etc all count towards the endorsement...Jay N3DQU.

Steve W3HF

I thought Romania only had one prefix I know they are at least 5 or
6 call areas but not a prefix this is a prefix kf ,kg ,wb call areas
are number indentifier like 1,2,3 or kg5 or kg6

Romania actually covers YOA-YRZ, even though typically we only
see YO.

But in the prefix-counting sense, the call district is included in the
prefix. (See, for example, the rules for the CQ WPX series, or the
PODXS DPX awards, for a detailed description.)

So include the number. I've worked YO2, YO3, YO4, YO5, YO6,
YO8, and YO9, but unfortunately only two of them since 19 Jan
2002. :-(

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

I think you guys are pullin my leg.

I believe that as of 19 Jan. all callsigns starting with a "Y" were
cancelled, and I'm beginning to wonder now if Romania is still a country.

If I could get one of them fellers who used to have one of them "Y" calls,
to e-mail me, could I count that as a contact :-)

Still way up here in the Northwest, wondering "Y" can't I see one,

73, Bernie / KF4FHS
Yelm, WA

Steve W3HF

I think you guys are pullin my leg.

I believe that as of 19 Jan. all callsigns starting with a "Y" were
cancelled, and I'm beginning to wonder now if Romania is still a
country.

If I could get one of them fellers who used to have one of them "Y"
calls,
to e-mail me, could I count that as a contact :-)

Still way up here in the Northwest, wondering "Y" can't I see one,

73, Bernie / KF4FHS
Yelm, WA
Bernie -

Looks like you got the shipment of Romanian diodes that was
supposed to go to Steve 'YIH. The German ones worked last year,
but he blew through the JAs in January faster than we could get the
Japanese ones installed.

Maybe this means he'll have a shot at this one, since the diodes
ended up in WA instead of ID.

Steve

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

I think you're right, Steve. You guys sure do pick on us poor ole
Westcoasters. Next time ship them diodes down South.
Man, it was just like somebody flipped a switch, when Jay announced that
YO's would be good for an endorsment. I've seen several people workin YO's
but I can only see the one side of the QSO. I wonder if they're really
talking to them or just acting like it to make me feel bad ?
73, Bernie

Bernie -

Looks like you got the shipment of Romanian diodes that was
supposed to go to Steve 'YIH. The German ones worked last year,
but he blew through the JAs in January faster than we could get the
Japanese ones installed.

Maybe this means he'll have a shot at this one, since the diodes
ended up in WA instead of ID.

Steve

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

ok well I think it isn't a prefix but it is numeral letter combition
though . And hey check out 12m guys lots of grt opertinuties for long
haul DX wrked Morroco ,Oman ,TA,UA9,lots of Russians SV, well abt the
whole European contient on 12m except a few hard to get ones like
SV9,c31,TF,CU,3A,1A0,ZA,ER,HB0,SY has anybody ever heard these
countries on the air before on psk31 any band?
I thought Romania only had one prefix I know they are at least 5
or
6 call areas but not a prefix this is a prefix kf ,kg ,wb call
areas
are number indentifier like 1,2,3 or kg5 or kg6

Romania actually covers YOA-YRZ, even though typically we only
see YO.

But in the prefix-counting sense, the call district is included in
the
prefix. (See, for example, the rules for the CQ WPX series, or the
PODXS DPX awards, for a detailed description.)

So include the number. I've worked YO2, YO3, YO4, YO5, YO6,
YO8, and YO9, but unfortunately only two of them since 19 Jan
2002. :-(

Steve W3HF

SV9,c31,TF,CU,3A,1A0,ZA,ER,HB0,SY has anybody ever heard these
countries on the air before on psk31 any band?
I have C31BO on 10 and 20; TF3VS on 20; ER1DX, ER2NB, and
ER3KS on 20; CU2AT and CU3FV on 20 and CU3BL on 10; and
HB0/DL1RWB on 20.

I have seen (but not worked) 3A2MW. Never have seen a SV9, 1A0
or ZA on PSK.

But SY is also Greece, same as SV. Did you mean something else?

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 19:18 8/3/2002 -0500, you wrote:
Romania actually covers YOA-YRZ, even though typically we only
see YO.
Yes, a few days ago I had an SSB QSO on 80 m with YR20T (two zero),
a special event station at Carancebes, SW Romania.

Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |

DL2AYL@...

Yes Bernie,
I wondered about that before you and actually Romania
is just down the street here, if there are some on the band, I'll find them.
But it was the same with the Spaniards, when Jay announced the EA Special,
the EA's disappeared from the bands. But after a while they will come back
though, just need one more call area for the
YO-endorsement, keep looking out for them!
Erika/DL2AYL

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Steve,

I bet you're right. Jay has , no doubt, got something worked out with
those guys, just to frustrate us. He sure does have a lot of influence on
the PSK community to be able to make whole countries stay off the air :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Bernie -
Now you're making me feel guilty. I found YO6BHN on >10m at 1609z
today. Also heard (but couldn't get ) YO8FR. I think >those are the
only ones I've heard since 19 Jan.
I think there's something about being mentioned on the >070 page.
Jay announces the Anatolian contest, and all the TAs >disappear.
Then the DX-EA special, and the EAs are gone. Now >it's the YOs.
I wonder what would happen if there were an >endorsement for
working W3s? What would happen to me? Would I >even know that I
had disappeared? Or would it be a set of 070 diodes >that would go
in my feed line, too, so I could neither see nor be seen >by any other
070ers?
Inquiring minds want to know ....
Steve

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Erika,

Yep, it looks like we're slowly getting the old boy figured out. I just
can't figure out how he does it.
I'm glad he didn't put the same kybosh on the Lower 48 endorsment, or
he'd have the whole USA shut down.

73 , Bernie / KF4FHS

I wondered about that before you and actually Romania
is just down the street here, if there are some on the band, I'll find
them.
But it was the same with the Spaniards, when Jay announced the EA Special,
the EA's disappeared from the bands. But after a while they will come back
though, just need one more call area for the
YO-endorsement, keep looking out for them!
Erika/DL2AYL

Check out the 070 Club website at