Digipan

n0bhc

In a message dated 1/25/02 11:05:38 AM Central Standard Time, w3hf@... writes:

I think the files have a .mac extension. Somehow you must have
saved the "Field Day" setup. When operating at a club station, I
created my own set of macros and saved them as w3hf.mac. (I'm pretty
sure Digipan set the extension.) You can use a similar procedure.

Steve was right on.  I just checked and the DigiPan macro file is titled "default.mac".  The file contains such mysteries as "Call1" "CQ" "BTU" etc.  Open it with Notepad and you should be able to edit the information.
Good Luck,
Bob N0BHC

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi Don,

Ok, now I remember what I had to do when I had the exact same problem with
Digipan.

The "Default" macros "appear" to be saved to the default.mac file. In
actuality, they are, But! they are also saved in the Digipan.INI file and
these are what are loaded when you start Digipan. Open the .INI file and
edit these macros, save it, then start Digipan. The macros should be back to
where you want them. What I did after fixing that was set up my new
nonstandard contest macros and save them in a .MAC file with names such as
TDW.MAC or RUMBLE.MAC. Now I only have to load them for the tests, and for
normal ops the everyday macros load with Digipan.

Hope this helps,
73 cu on the waterfall,
Jay - AA8QQ

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 1/25/2002 2:00:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, AA8QQJMauch@... writes:

TDW.MAC or RUMBLE.MAC.  Now I only have to load them for the tests, and for
normal ops the everyday macros load with Digipan.

   Speaking of the TDW, we still need one more bonus station to get things set up for June. East coast, Left coast and central Europe are covered...Any volunteers?? Jay N3DQU.

K4FBP

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

John Durbin <durbinsjz@...>

Don,

The very last button on the top will give you another set of buttons. When I
was using Digipan 1.6d I used one set for everyday use and the other set for
the different contests. I hope this helps you out.

Chris KC8LJN

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day
last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot
up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

John Pate <lighthousedx@...>

Don, just right click on the Macro button and change text the way you want. Then I think you click on OK button to save changes.

From: Don Adamson <don.adamson@globecastna.com>
To: "'070@yahoogroups.com'" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:25:19 -0500

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

K4FBP

You are right John, but it bugs me that the program decided to make a new
set of macros the default load. I searched the program folder and could not
find anything that would indicate what macro gets loaded on boot-up, nor
could I find any .INI file.
Thanks,
Don

From: Don Adamson <don.adamson@globecastna.com>
To: "'070@yahoogroups.com'" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:25:19 -0500

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day
last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

Go to> Configuration tab>Load Macro's> should keep on that one till you change it again.

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

Sound card digi website----http://kf4houtn.tripod.com

sound-card-skeds
Yahoo Group----
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

K4FBP

Nope. I go there to change to my "everyday macros, called "my macros"; load
it and I use it for the night's session. Power down the computer when
finished. Next night I boot up again and my Field Day stuff is back in the
macros. Some how the program liked my FD stuff and put it in the boot up
files and I can't locate the .ini that is doing it.
Thanks,
Don

Go to> Configuration tab>Load Macro's> should keep on that one till you
change it again.

K4FBP here....I am using Digipan 1.6. I built some macros for Field Day
last
June, and they have become the macros that are loaded each time on boot
up.
How do I change this to load my "everyday" macros?

73, Don

Sound card digi website----http://kf4houtn.tripod.com

sound-card-skeds
Yahoo Group----
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

Steve W3HF

--- In 070@y..., Don Adamson <don.adamson@g...> wrote:
Nope. I go there to change to my "everyday macros, called "my
macros"; load
it and I use it for the night's session. Power down the computer
when
finished. Next night I boot up again and my Field Day stuff is back
in the
macros. Some how the program liked my FD stuff and put it in the
boot up
files and I can't locate the .ini that is doing it.
Thanks,
Don
I think the files have a .mac extension. Somehow you must have
saved the "Field Day" setup. When operating at a club station, I
created my own set of macros and saved them as w3hf.mac. (I'm pretty
sure Digipan set the extension.) You can use a similar procedure.

(Note that I'm working from memory here.)

1. First of all, save what is now the default set of macros as
FieldDay.mac, or something similar. This will preserve them for
future
use.

2. Then modify the on-screen (default) macros back the way you want
them, and make sure that these get saved in the defaults file.

There's probably a way to simply rename files to effect this, but I
don't want to speculate without trying it first. (I just don't
remember what the "default startup" macros file is called.)

When I get home, I'll look around for the filenames, but someone here
can probably beat me to it. Look for .mac files in the DigiPan
folder.

K4FBP

You are right, Bob....my screen has the "default.mac" and if I load it, I get the same macros as you describe....but not the ones I saved for Field Day. Could it be that the program uses the last saved macro as the new "default"?

[...]

That's possible, Don. I'm just not at the computer to play with it.
But you should be able to follow the procedure to save the contest
macros in a contest file, and then get the default set the way you
want it and save those.

In my case, though, I just use the Ctrl-macros for contests, and the
regular (non-shifted ones) for routine QSOs. I have to edit the
contest macros for each contest, but that way I don't confuse myself
with multiple files. It was only at the club station computer that I
messed with the files. And, I hope, most of the time Bill KG6EXF was
able to "unfix" whatever I had done to that station. :-)

Steve