Eqsl-ing

Sean \(G4UCJ\) <g4ucj.shack@...>

Hi All, the eqsl service is free to register and collect cards/upload log files. You can make a donation if you wish, but most of the facilities are free. I have received nearly 500 eqsl's and have uploaded my complete 2001 log to eqsl. The "authenticity guarantee" is also free, just email a scanned copy of your license. I like the eqsl service but also like real cards too. If anyone has had a qso with me in the last year, go onto eqsl and your card will be waiting. Like the others, I have not paid a penny for this service, although the guilt factor is telling me that I should make a donation.

73
Sean Gilbert G4UCJ
IO92PA SP93 EU005
Member: RSGB FISTS RSARS GWQRP PODXS 070's
RSGB COUNTY MORSE EXAMINER

Email: g4ucj.shack@...
AX25 Packet:
g4ucj@gb7imk.#43.gbr.eu
TCP/IP: 44.131.160.74

Beischel <wb8nut@...>

Yuck, eQSLing is easy, but so impersonal and to print the "cards" you
have to print an entire sheet just to get one "card". Not to
mention, the cards are ugly and you can't write comments. Just won't
ever seem like real QSLs. Not to mention, there will be a day when
they feel they have enough people "hooked" on the service, then
they'll start charging for the use of it. I can see it coming.

Duffy - WB8NUT

Email: g4ucj.shack@n...
AX25 Packet: g4ucj@gb7imk.#43.gbr.eu
TCP/IP: 44.131.160.74

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

It's the greatest thing since slice bread hi..well moving from the dark ages into the newer digital realm of the QSL card. And just think how many germs get passed arnd on traditional QSL cards hi. You dont know where that hand has been young man. And ARRL is already moving towards Electronic QSL cards in the future that we US hams will have to Pay for like Verisign service hmmm lots of money I see going down the drain with the Log book of the world ARRL's idea.
Something like 10 or 20 dollars for maybe 10 QSL cards sent out . And maybe your right on being charged for EQSL cards but, if everyone makes a donation it will stay free somewhat anyway. And you can get them proffesnial printed out and sent to via snail mail too.
And for me on my very very very limited budget Eqsl is right up my alley. Give em 5 dollars and exchange 2000 QSL's that a bargain too me. But, I guess the future will tell us everthing abt it. And it wil all come out in the wash. 73

[...]

Sound card digi website----http://kf4houtn.tripod.com

sound-card-skeds
Yahoo Group----
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

Hey Duffy this Craig in Tennessee agn hey when you use the EQSL just save the pics to a folder and use a program to print multiples copies to one sheet. and when you give them a donation you can put your own design on there too. I'm not in the QSL game for for a beauty pageant. I just want to say hey I've talked to there hi hi..

[...]

Richard B Drake

You can write comments on the cards when you enter them one at a
time on-line. It makes no sense to do it with an uploaded log
unless you want to put the same comment on every card. You can
also print more than one card/sheet if you download them and use
your own graphics program to lay out the page. If the cards don't
look nice, it may be because the originator didn't make an effort
to personalize his graphic or maybe that you need a new printer. I
have some that look better than many professionally printed cards.

-----
73, Rich - W3ZJ

[...]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Sound card digi website----http://kf4houtn.tripod.com

sound-card-skeds
Yahoo Group----
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

Dick Thompson <wb0dul@...>

Just an added thought; you can also print the eQSL cards you receive on a glossy or matte photo paper and they look much better.  Especially those that the sender has taken some time to make a nice looking card.  I hope the ARRL will someday see fit to accept cards from eQSL for miscellaneous awards.  There seems to be a little "war" going on between eQSL and the League.

Not sure how you folks feel, but the most beautiful QSL cards I've received over the years have come from Japan.  They all seem to take pride in what they mail out.  My eQSL card has a personalized photo of the Garden of the God (here in Colorado Springs) on it.  I did make a small donation and the service is nice.

To those that don't like that kind of QSL, then don't use it.

73,

Dick

You can write comments on the cards when you enter them one at a
time on-line. It makes no sense to do it with an uploaded log
unless you want to put the same comment on every card. You can
also print more than one card/sheet if you download them and use
your own graphics program to lay out the page. If the cards don't
look nice, it may be because the originator didn't make an effort
to personalize his graphic or maybe that you need a new printer. I
have some that look better than many professionally printed cards.

-----
73, Rich - W3ZJ

Ricky Scott <kf7qz@...>

I use EQSL and really like it. As others have said,
download and print the cards out by using a photo
program to batch print 4 on a sheet.

I quit the ARRL when they went to the "You must be a
member to get the award", it was just another example
of their snobishness, one thing we dont need.

I perfer now to work the 070 DX award and the EQSL
award, although the Eqsl is a bit harder (070 taint
easy either).

My sign off file on PSK says to qsl either direct or
via eQSL.cc

Rick KF7QZ

http://auctions.yahoo.com