PSKFEST - Getting Ready

hamopcq

Hi Bernie,
Tnx for the info on the two HI stations. I know abt them, but there's no band conditions into NY - at least when I've been on. Hope to CU during the PSKFEST.
Regards,
Lenny K2LAM

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 1/18/2002 4:42:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, HAMOPCQ@... writes:

Hi Bernie,
Tnx for the info on the two HI stations. I know abt them, but there's no band conditions into NY - at least when I've been on. Hope to CU during the PSKFEST.
Regards,
Lenny K2LAM

   Hey Lenny, you did remember to pray to the prop gods, didn't ya? Last time I did that, I was pickin' up Oahu repeaters on 2m hi! GL in the PSKFest dood! 73 de Jay N3DQU.

hamopcq

Hello All,
Is everyone getting ready?. Took the day off (Friday), but spent half
of it in the stores with the XYL. The things guys have to do just to
get into a contest...hihi. Bands don't look so hot on the East Coast.
Now, if only Hawaii would show up on 20mtrs....hmmmm. That would make
my day. See you all later...I hope..
Lenny K2LAM

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Lenny,

If you're looking for Hawaii, 2 or 3 KH's hang out on 10 meters pretty
regularly. Evillo, KH6DRT is on nearly every day.
Good luck in the contest.
73, Bernie / KF4FHS

Is everyone getting ready?. Took the day off (Friday), but spent half
of it in the stores with the XYL. The things guys have to do just to
get into a contest...hihi. Bands don't look so hot on the East Coast.
Now, if only Hawaii would show up on 20mtrs....hmmmm. That would make
my day. See you all later...I hope..
Lenny K2LAM

DL2AYL@...

Hej guys over there, time for your appearance !
HF0POL is taking part in the PSKFest and operating on 10 meters right now.
73 de DL2AYL

Steve W3HF

I see the Europeans calling him, but not him. Too bad.

Hej guys over there, time for your appearance !
HF0POL is taking part in the PSKFest and operating on 10 meters right
now.
73 de DL2AYL

Terms of Service.

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 13:41 19/1/2002 +0100, you wrote:
Hej guys over there, time for your appearance !
HF0POL is taking part in the PSKFest and operating on 10 meters right now.
73 de DL2AYL

We also had EM1KCC from CE9/IOTA AN-006 and ZD8JA in
the PSKFEST. Did you notice any other exotic callsigns?
Also, VQ9NL was active in PSK-31 (I had a QSO which I
did not enter in the Contest Logs) but he did not take
part in the Contest.

BTW I have faced two problems:

1. too many replies to CQ CONTEST by non participant, who
must be then guided how to give the proper contest exchange

2. Lots of non-standard exchanges: Russia as either RA
and RU. Italy as "I", "ITA" and "Italy", Greece
as "Greece" and "SV", Asiatic Russia as "AR" and "RU9" etc.
In my logs I intend to replace non-standard prefixe exchanges
with the ones specified in the DXCC booklet.

Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |
| * http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/ |

AA8QQJMauch@...

Erika,
Yeah he showed up right on top of me on the freq I'd been running QRP fer a
while. I heard and tried calling both of you, and neither heard me. Oh
well, that's the price we pay for running QRP.
73
de AA8QQ - Jay

Demetre Koumanakos <sv1ens@...>

Hi Gang, Costas,

This was my first contest and I really enjoyed it, I'll most definitely
participate again :-)
The problems I faced other than not being heard on the pileup with my 5
watts, was
the many different dxcc designators I got from our Russian friends, RU, RA,
UA, UR ect.

I used two programs for logging, 1) GenLog worked well, but was very
sensitive to the dxcc
mistakes, 2) MixW worked nicely but did not report dxcc as detailed as I
would like it,
anyway between the two and the hard copy of the iota dxcc list, I managed to
get things done :-)

I personally did not mind the rag chewers, I had time to spare between
successful QRP calls.
I managed to work on 20m with my bent (from the last snowstorm) vertical and
10m on a converted
CB antenna for about 7 hours total, the rest of the time the bands were
simply deaf to my signal

totaling 55 QRP contacts with 36 multipliers.
It was pleasing seeing several SV's participating, also nice to see about
80% of the DXers who I
contacted were actually participating on PSKFEST...

So, all in all, a success for PSK and 070.

73
Demetre - SV1ENS

BTW I have faced two problems:

1. too many replies to CQ CONTEST by non participant, who
must be then guided how to give the proper contest exchange

2. Lots of non-standard exchanges: Russia as either RA
and RU. Italy as "I", "ITA" and "Italy", Greece
as "Greece" and "SV", Asiatic Russia as "AR" and "RU9" etc.
In my logs I intend to replace non-standard prefixe exchanges
with the ones specified in the DXCC booklet.

Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |
| * http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/ |

Steve W3HF

One other disappointment:

I know you guys were there, but I never saw a SV on the air during
the contest on any band. Wish I had found one on 15--that's the
band I need for the SV Tri-band endorsement.

And of course, two hours after the contest, there was SV1DZL
CQing on 20m. Oh well ....

Demetre Koumanakos <sv1ens@...>

Hi Steve,

You know, I don't have the SV tri-band endorsement either :-(
We can schedule a contact if you like and get you the endorsement...

73
Demetre - SV1ENS

One other disappointment:

I know you guys were there, but I never saw a SV on the air during
the contest on any band. Wish I had found one on 15--that's the
band I need for the SV Tri-band endorsement.

And of course, two hours after the contest, there was SV1DZL
CQing on 20m. Oh well ....

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Steve W3HF

Hi Steve,

You know, I don't have the SV tri-band endorsement either :-(
We can schedule a contact if you like and get you the endorsement...

73
Demetre - SV1ENS
Demetre -

I can't help you with the former (unless contacting a W3 of Greek
descent will count), but I appreciate your offer of a schedule. I will
contact you off-list at a later date to arrange this.

Thank you.

Steve W3HF

Hi Steve,

You know, I don't have the SV tri-band endorsement either :-(
We can schedule a contact if you like and get you the endorsement...

73
Demetre - SV1ENS
Demetre -

That would be very kind of you. Since I have never heard a SV on
15m, I do not know when the band might be open from SV to the
US east coast. Do you have any suggestions?

Steve

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 22:57 23/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Demetre -

That would be very kind of you. Since I have never heard a SV on
15m, I do not know when the band might be open from SV to the
US east coast. Do you have any suggestions?
Hi Steve, 21 MHz opens at about 1200 UTC and closes
after our local sunset. Recently I had:

15:03 UTC W1SQL
16:23 UTC N3JWJ
18:01 UTC VE3IAY

Signals on 21 MHz are not as strong as on 28 MHz.
I use this band regularly, as I have a lot of noise
on 14 MHz, but I have a poor antenna (a multiband
vertical with very short radials).

73 Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |
| * http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/ |

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

Hey Been making Lots of contact on 24.920 Radiate have made a SV,YO,LZ,EU,UA9,OH,SM,GU,R,Z3 and some more I Cant think of all Via 12m with 100% copys.
Thanks

At 22:57 23/1/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Demetre -

That would be very kind of you. Since I have never heard a SV on
15m, I do not know when the band might be open from SV to the
US east coast. Do you have any suggestions?
Hi Steve, 21 MHz opens at about 1200 UTC and closes
after our local sunset. Recently I had:

15:03 UTC W1SQL
16:23 UTC N3JWJ
18:01 UTC VE3IAY

Signals on 21 MHz are not as strong as on 28 MHz.
I use this band regularly, as I have a lot of noise
on 14 MHz, but I have a poor antenna (a multiband
vertical with very short radials).

73 Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |
| * http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/ |
http://www.shopping.altavista.com

Demetre Koumanakos <sv1ens@...>

Hi Steve,

As Kostas replied on another message the band opens up soon after
noon (local) and starts to close before sundown.
I'm usually available for scheduled QSO on weekends, Sundays prefered.

73
Demetre - SV1ENS