EA9CD

Steve W3HF

de Jungle Telegraph
I had the same email from the 'Webmaster' that Ludek got re: EA9CD
direct only via qrz.com address... I can say the words you want on
your behalf Ludek! I also have an eqsl from Jose, EA9CD, for a 15M psk
QSO, but my 20M one was rejected like Ludek's. I emailed Jose and
expressed my surprise at the 'rejection' and explained that he had a
choice... My QSO with him on 20M is valid, and cannot be 'rejected' on
the grounds of 'direct only'... Jose's choice is to take my eqsl from
my log or not...that is entirely up to him, but I also explained that
if wanted my direct qsl card...I am direct only like him, via qrz.com
and please include sufficient return postage to cover my costs! If
Jose does not choose to reply to valid QSOs on these grounds, he
should notify the Webmaster of his eminent resignation from the
eqsl.cc page...and then become another statistic in the green stamp
black hole... Jose's card is a nice colour picture of himself too!
Pity! If Jose receives this general email to the 070 group, then I say
to him on behalf of all of us, accept eqsl.cc requests or resign! You
are defeating the purpose of this excellent system... 73s to all..

Duncan (and Ludek) -

I agree completely. I can understand not wanting to hassle with
bureau QSLs. And I can understand not bothering to check or
respond to eQSLs. But to be a member of eQSL only for the
purpose of rejecting them (to request a direct QSL) is a tacit misuse
of the eQSL system.

Seems to me that this may be an issue that eQSL itself may be
interested in.

DL2AYL@...

There are other guys in EA9 which will send or answer a qsl via the bureau.
If I hear someone from a country with a functioning bureau I'll never call
him when he says "direct only" - they are just $$$-collectors nothing more.
The worst case so far was VU2TRI, he asks for 4 (four)
IRC for one qsl and offers IRC for sale at a reduced price.
There are several ways to get rich....
73's Erika

Duncan McMahon <zl3jt@...>

[...]

Zoltan Bordas <borzol@...>

Hello to all,

And agree with all (Erika, Steve and Ludek)...

Btw I have an eQSL from Jose, true that on SSB mode not PSK31, but I
received it. I dont't know I had a gap in the rerejectin procedure, or he
changed his policy...

Thanks to alert us about VU2TRI. I had another PSK QSO with a VU station on
PSK, VU2KFR who asked also only for direct QSLing. I don't know for how many
IRC's, but let's not assume everybody want to become rich via envelopes...
But I have several very awaited QSLs via bureau (VU2BK, VU2EPR, VU3DJQ).

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ

Tom <tomias@...>

Look up EA9CD's detailed information on QRZ ... you will find in his details the following:
QSL CARD ONLY VIA DIRECT IN MODE DIGITAL (NO BUREAU)

And on his webpage at http://www.ea9cd.com/ ... "Confirmation of QSL in ways digital single direct road SATSE (2 $, 1 IRC or 2 Euro) "

So he is quite clear about the qsl method for digital...  I had a psk qso with him on Aug 8, 01 and received his card Oct 5, 01.

I periodically upload my log to eqsl ... did not think to exclude this qso and later noticed the rejection.

Tom, k3psk

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 12:00 11/1/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Look up EA9CD's detailed information on QRZ ... you will find in his details the following:
QSL CARD ONLY VIA DIRECT IN MODE DIGITAL (NO BUREAU)

And on his webpage at <http://www.ea9cd.com/>http://www.ea9cd.com/ ... "Confirmation of QSL in ways digital single direct road SATSE (2 $, 1 IRC or 2 Euro) "
I wonder, how do you send 2 Euro in an envelope? The smallest
note is 5 Euros, 2 Euros is a heavy coin....

Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |

Tom <tomias@...>

Yes, that would present a problem.... maybe he isn't aware of that ???

Tom, k3psk

[...]

Tom -

I guess my thoughts are these:

1. Although the notes above say "direct only," the emphasis seems
to be NO BUREAU, as the parenthetical note says. Nothing in his
statement says NO EQSL.

2. The use of eQSL to reject an electronic QSL, simply because of
"policy" seems to me to be a misuse of eQSL resources. I could
understand it if he would simply ignore eQSLs, but to reject them
with the statement "direct only" violates the whole premise of the
eQSL service.

Steve

Tom <tomias@...>

I see your point. But the way it seems to be is that he does use eqsl to
exchange qsl's that are not digital.... It would help if he made it clearer
but
language difficulties add to the situation...

Hope to see you on the pskfest.....

Tom, k3psk

[...]

AA8QQJMauch@...

Hi All,
My take on what is going on here is this. If Jose does not have a paper QSL
for a certain DX, for a certain band, then he rejects the eQSL and demands a
paper QSL. Could be strategy for making digital DXCC, then again, could be
just being a jerk. Either way I don't think it's proper etiquette, and if he
were an 070 member, I think I would have to have a talk with the executive
board about his possible ejection from the club. I know there are no
"written" rules about this kind of behavior, but this seems to fall under the
category of "spirit of ham radio."

Just my views.

73 to all, hope to see you in the "Fest",
Jay - AA8QQ

DL2AYL@...

He might have changed his strategy when he discovered he is a rare
one in PSK, in SSB and other modes are more hams operating from EA9
and sending cards via the bureau and his chances to get a qsl direct are
not so great. It is just a way to increase his income.
Erika/DL2AYL