Jenny EZ8AQ

AA8QQJMauch@...

It would be nice if the DX Clusters had an entry (check mark in a column)
telling its users to only give the minimal info. Would be even better if we
could have all the lids beamed up to the mother ship for reprogramming.

hmmm, sounds like a good use for that [F 12] key I never use... [F 12] = zap
lid...

Here's wishing everyone a prosperous and happy 2002
good DX (without the lids),
de AA8QQ - Jay

Costas Krallis SV1XV <sv1xv@...>

At 02:14 29/12/2001 +1200, you wrote:

Gentlemen! The Rare DX station DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU
HAVE A SOUNDBLASTER SOUNDCARD, unless of course, he asks you!
And telling them how fast your computer is and how much ram
you've got only frustrates all those who want a contact....
Please stick to the relevant info and we can all get a call...
RST, Name and QTH is all that is required..even the local
temperature is irrelevant...is he not on the other side of
the globe!
Well said, dear Duncan, the PSK-31 people are notorious
their for long transmissions, compared to RTTY (Baudot)
DXers. It's a good idea to keep transmissions short when:

1. Working DX pile-ups

2. Facing changing propagation conditions and slow QSB.

Best 73

Costas SV1XV

| Costas Krallis SV1XV * LOC KM18UA |
| P.O.Box 3066 * E-Mail: sv1xv@eexi.gr |
| GR-10210 Athens * PGP key: 0x3BDBBC34 |
| GREECE * http://www.qsl.net/sv1xv/ |
| * http://w4u.eexi.gr/~sv1xv/ |

Duncan McMahon <zl3jt@...>

de Jungle Telegraph
Gentlemen! The Rare DX station DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE A SOUNDBLASTER
SOUNDCARD, unless of course, he asks you! And telling them how fast your computer
is and how much ram you've got only frustrates all those who want a contact....Please
stick to the relevant info and we can all get a call...RST, Name and QTH is all that
is required..even the local temperature is irrelevant...is he not on the other side
of the globe!
A real good idea is to short your transmissions and wait for the gap, rather than
calling over each other...just a stupid mess....Happy New Year! Of course! I apologise
it's not this group that needs the advice....:-)

Steve W3HF

At 02:14 29/12/2001 +1200, you wrote:

Gentlemen! The Rare DX station DOES NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU
HAVE A SOUNDBLASTER SOUNDCARD, unless of course, he asks you!
And telling them how fast your computer is and how much ram
you've got only frustrates all those who want a contact....
Please stick to the relevant info and we can all get a call...
RST, Name and QTH is all that is required..even the local
temperature is irrelevant...is he not on the other side of
the globe!
Well said, dear Duncan, the PSK-31 people are notorious
their for long transmissions, compared to RTTY (Baudot)
DXers. It's a good idea to keep transmissions short when:

1. Working DX pile-ups

2. Facing changing propagation conditions and slow QSB.

Best 73

Costas SV1XV

Or, I might add, when working QRP. I may indicate that I'm QRP,
but only if the other op seems to want to "chat" a little.

I save the really long brag files (with hard disk size, monitor type,
printer, and color of case) for my very good friends. :-)