2002 DX Specials

Steve W3HF

Here we go again another BV mess!!!
Someone is always trying to start somthing.

Hey, shouldn't you be out looking for them last DL's?
Ouch!!!

Steve W3HF

Here we go again another BV mess!!!
Someone is always trying to start somthing.
Hey, no mess here. I think Jay has come up with some decent
choices here that will be achievable with reasonable efforts. There
are lots of EA stations on the air, workable from the East Coast and
Europe, and lots of JAs available from the West Coast and the
Pacific.

Steve W3HF

One clarification, if I may ask: By Spain, do you mean DXCC
Spain, or political Spain? The difference is EA6, EA8, and EA9,
which are separate for DXCC purposes, but all part of Spain as a
political entity.

Tnx, es 73,
Steve
Hmmm....good question. Man, you are on the ball hi! Let's go for
political
Spain, so Ceuta and Melilla, Canary, etc will all count. I will make a
note of that on the webpage also when I get home tonite from
work...Jay.
Some people think I'm always looking for "angles" and loopholes. I
prefer to think of it as clarifying the requirements. Actually, that's
part of my job, writing procurement specs so customers can buy
what they need, and contractors know what's expected of them. It
can be tricky to make sure that both sides interpret the same words
in the same way!

Besides, I'd rather get this clarification decided early, instead of
letting it hang around for a long time, subject to debates, etc.

Thanks for thinking about it. Maybe I'll be the only one who asks
before you formally post the clarification.

Steve

spdomingue@...

Ok now that we have removed a few of the calls and know what we can work. I just started hearing the DL stations again so going to try and finish the DX-DL award, If the new awards work like the DX-DL one did I will nolonger hear any JA or EA stations for the next year. Soon as the DL award came out I did not hear any DL atations worked DL1AYL in the contest was the first staion I heard in her area after 4 July.

Steve D

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 12/26/2001 1:52:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, spdomingue@... writes:

Here we go again another BV mess!!!
Someone is always trying to start somthing.

SteveD
N6YIH/7

In a message dated 12/26/2001 1:33:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, melachri@... writes:

One clarification, if I may ask: By Spain, do you mean DXCC
Spain, or political Spain? The difference is EA6, EA8, and EA9,
which are separate for DXCC purposes, but all part of Spain as a
political entity.

Tnx, es 73,
Steve

   Hmmm....good question. Man, you are on the ball hi! Let's go for political Spain, so Ceuta and Melilla, Canary, etc will all count. I will make a note of that on the webpage also when I get home tonite from work...Jay.

N3DQU@...

The new DX Specials for the year 2002 are now posted up on the 070
endorsements webpage. A reminder too that the 2001 DX Specials are winding
down so get out there and get them DL's and BV's in the log! Due to an
apparent shortage of PSK ops in Taiwan, I've decided to award the BV SP to
whomever has the most Taiwanese stations in the log...73 de Jay N3DQU.