Topics

Antarctica on PSK

WB5NHL

Igor, EM1KCC, Ukrainian Antarctic base was on 10 meter PSK last night about 2100 UTC with a good signal into
Pennsylvania. No pileup, worked a couple Argentina stations then gave me a 599 with 5 watts on my attic
dipole.

Demetre Koumanakos <sv1ens@...>

Hi all,

Igor, EM1KCC, Ukrainian Antarctic base was on 10 meter PSK last
night about 2100 UTC with a good signal into Pennsylvania. No
I wondered about that, Logger was reporting Ukraine, and when I got
the "Antartic" QTH I was plesantly surprised ! Igor has been on the
air since last week, but I suppose propagations were not the best for
the US.

73
Demetre - SV1ENS

http://fastmail.ca/ - Fast Free Web Email for Canadians

Steve W3HF

I had the same experience when I first saw Igor and Paulie,
EM1HO. ("Gee, that's a funny Ukrainian prefix.") Actually, they
have been on PSK for a number of months now, since the Antarctic
summer when they arrived there. I do not know when they started
on 10m PSK, but I saw them on 20m back in our Spring.

And he (Igor) had a good 20m signal into Pennsylvania on 10
September. That's when I worked him using 3 watts and my attic
dipole. He was using 100 watts and (I think) some sort of wire
antenna.

Hi all,