From: "Duncan McMahon" <zl3jt@zfree.co.nz>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2001 1:13 PM
Subject: [070] The Rumble

de Jungle Telegraph, (ZL3JT)
Why don't some of you psk'ers get better spectacles next time! I spent far
too much
valuable time pushin' buttons at people with bad eyesight and not seeing
my trace
from 10000 miles away. I worked Dick in Scotland and he was running 2
watts and a
cb antenna! He was just playin' around and gotta hellava surprise when I
answered
him! I even gave the opposition some help by workin' ol' Jay!
Thanks to all those guys and gals who gave me a macro, and made my score
respectable,
(over 20 grand!)
73s and see ya on my screen!

Duncan McMahon <zl3jt@...>

de Jungle Telegraph, (ZL3JT)
Why don't some of you psk'ers get better spectacles next time! I spent far too much
valuable time pushin' buttons at people with bad eyesight and not seeing my trace
from 10000 miles away. I worked Dick in Scotland and he was running 2 watts and a
cb antenna! He was just playin' around and gotta hellava surprise when I answered
him! I even gave the opposition some help by workin' ol' Jay!
Thanks to all those guys and gals who gave me a macro, and made my score respectable,
(over 20 grand!)
73s and see ya on my screen!

WB5NHL

As a dedicated QRP'er on PSK (orginally not by choice,
used a PSK-20, now with TS-570DG by choice)with poor
attic antennas, the best advice for seeing weak
stations: 1)PLEASE turn off the squelch - worst
invention in ham software; 2) Use the spectrum display
not the waterfall - faster and more sensitive. I use
Hamscope 1.4 in always contest mode but as always your
mileage will vary. Great contest. Thanks to everyone
listening to this peanut whistle and cards will be on
the way.

---- 070@yahoogroups.com wrote:
Yes Duncan, your signal was really good here, but as
it is, some people you
can call all day and they won't see your trace...
and we had a qso, you
beaming short path and my beam on the long path...
maybe it doesn't matter
in our case.. hi.
Anyway, it was a good contest and I think we all had
a lot of fun.
73's Erika/DL2AYL

Why don't some of you psk'ers get better
spectacles next time! I spent far
too much
valuable time pushin' buttons at people with bad
eyesight and not seeing
my trace
from 10000 miles away. I worked Dick in Scotland
and he was running 2
watts and a
cb antenna! He was just playin' around and gotta
hellava surprise when I
answered
him! I even gave the opposition some help by
workin' ol' Jay!
Thanks to all those guys and gals who gave me a
macro, and made my score
respectable,
(over 20 grand!)
73s and see ya on my screen!