From: <kq6vh@home.com>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 1:58 AM
Subject: [070] USS Pampanito

Hi Everyone,

I will be on the sub again tomorrow from about 1600 to 2000 hours. I
have a visitor and I will be using SSB with him for awhile. However,
I will do PSK most of the time. Freq - 14.070+

Hope to work some of you...

73, Steve KQ6VH

N3DQU@...

Hmmm...a pix of the Pampanito dated 1998...Is that a Liberty ship in the
background? Come on Musafa, tell us the story on this picture,
pleeeese!...Jay N3DQU.

Mustafa AYDIN <ta2ey@...>

Hello Jay and the group,
That picture was taken by me when I was on duty in California.
I had assigned to Sacramento for taking a course on my job. During my trip ,
I visited Reno , and San Francisco and took some pictures.

The day before yesterday , I have some guests at home and I saw the picture
of USS PAMPANITO by chance when we took a look at the picture albums.
Unfortunately I haven't made any QSO with USS PAMPANITO yet , and I thought
I might get a QSL if I proof that I had a face to face contact with
Pampanito...(Last paragraph is just a joke..hi)

I just thought there is somebody corious about the Pampanito .

Ok , Jay that is my story about it.
Vy 73 de TA2EY , Mustafa

Hmmm...a pix of the Pampanito dated 1998...Is that a Liberty ship in
the
background? Come on Musafa, tell us the story on this picture,
pleeeese!...Jay N3DQU.

Steve W3HF

Unfortunately I haven't made any QSO with USS PAMPANITO yet ,
and I thought I might get a QSL if I proof that I had a face to face
contact with Pampanito...
Mustafa -

I already tried that, and Jay won't buy it!

I, too, missed them yesterday. 1600z is still a little early for a
coast-to-coast QSO on 20m. But some day ...

ta2ey@...

Hello Steve,
I know 1600z is too early to make contact from Turkey to San Francisco, but I won't give up trying to catch you on the air.

Vy 73 , de Mustafa , TA2EY