Topics

WARC BANDS

spdomingue@...

OK I can understand the ARRL point of no contesting for Field day and any big
event but I don't see a problem with us on there for the TDW event.

I will go with the powers that be say, is fine with me.
Without the WARC bands it will be a little easier to find everyone.

I should have the new antenna up by then so that should help me here anyway,
maybe I can even print a DL station or two that would be special here have
not seen any DL stations here since the DX-DL award came out.

N6YIH/7
Boise Home of the BIG pile ups! HI HI

N3DQU@...

In a message dated 5/9/2001 10:37:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spdomingue@aol.com writes:

Without the WARC bands it will be a little easier to find everyone.
Hey, don't be such a pushover STeve...I don't have a problem runnin' the
TDW on 17 es 12m....'dqu.

John AG4CZ <ag4cz@...>

I too can understand the ARRL's point of view. This is only a point
of view as far as we go, we are not bound to their decision or
the 'gentleman's agreement'. However, the 'gentleman's agreement' has
one big point going for it. It rules out the whole discussion of how
much contesting is too much on these bands. By following it there is
no decision to be made nor line to creep forward.
More appropriate to answer may be, do we want to be the one's who
broke the 'agreement'?
In the end it doesn't really matter as long as 'we' have more fun
than headache doing it.
73
John AG4CZ
OK I can understand the ARRL point of no contesting for Field day
and any big
event but I don't see a problem with us on there for the TDW event.

Richard B Drake

Well this opens up a whole discussion of how big is big and how small is small, and how many contesters does it take to annoy those who consider contests to be nothing more than a disruption to their normal activities. One of the great things about ham radio is that it's a hobby of many facets. When we get tired of one we can enjoy another. I enjoy contesting and often take part but I also have a regular weekly schedule with some of my oldest and dearest friends on 15 meters every Saturday morning. On contest weekends we QSY to 17 meters where propagation is not quite as good for us but at least we can hold a clear frequency for an hour or so. Don't even think about stepping on that. There is enough space for contesting without infringing on the WARC bands. We can and should honor the original gentlemen's agreement and keep all contests off the WARC bands without exception.

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ

OK I can understand the ARRL point of no contesting for Field day and any big
event but I don't see a problem with us on there for the TDW event.

I will go with the powers that be say, is fine with me.
Without the WARC bands it will be a little easier to find everyone.

I should have the new antenna up by then so that should help me here anyway,
maybe I can even print a DL station or two that would be special here have
not seen any DL stations here since the DX-DL award came out.

N6YIH/7
Boise Home of the BIG pile ups! HI HI

n1zzz@...

Instead of a "contest,"  we could run a "propagation experiment to see how
PSK31 fairs on various bands to certain stations around the world."  "Points"
could be awarded to determine how each station/area worked other
"experimental" stations. *wink wink*

Jeremy "The Sleeper"  Allen N1ZZZ/4

Jay Budzowski <n3dqu@...>

--- n1zzz@aol.com wrote:
Instead of a "contest," we could run a "propagation
experiment to see how
PSK31 fairs on various bands to certain stations
around the world." "Points"
could be awarded to determine how each station/area
worked other
"experimental" stations. *wink wink*

Jeremy "The Sleeper" Allen N1ZZZ/4
Hey Jeremy, I like that idea...after all, psk is a
fairly new mode, needs lotsa testin' to be sure! Jay.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/