Why Is It...?

Eric <radio@...>

That this happens:

Him: CQ CQ CQ K1XYZ K1XYZ k

Me: K1XYZ de KG6MZS KG6MZS kn

Him: KG6MZS KG6MZS de K1XYZ K1XYZ K1XYZ kn

You would think we were past that point and they would just get into the QSO without responding like I was the one calling CQ.

I see this in contests too - which is only slightly less annoying that stations that answer a "CQ Test" with the exchange before you acknowledge them.

OK, off the soapbox now…

:)

73 de Eric KG6MZS

B. Smith, N3XL

With the non-standard macros that are standard for PSK, I can easily see someone choosing the wrong one. I have done so and hope I didn't offend. I suggest a little more patience.
73, Bill N3XL

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 14:17, Eric
<radio@...> wrote:
That this happens:

Him: CQ CQ CQ K1XYZ K1XYZ k

Me: K1XYZ de KG6MZS KG6MZS kn

Him: KG6MZS KG6MZS de K1XYZ K1XYZ K1XYZ kn

You would think we were past that point and they would just get into the QSO without responding like I was the one calling CQ.

I see this in contests too - which is only slightly less annoying that stations that answer a "CQ Test" with the exchange before you acknowledge them.

OK, off the soapbox now…

:)

73 de Eric KG6MZS

Eric <radio@...>

Hi Bill,

I just start off as if it was me that was calling CQ and the other op never knows.  I am not impatient with them.

 I think you are right about the macros, though, because it does seem to be ops that don’t venture out beyond macros that do this.

In contests it’s a little more confounding because search and pounce macros and running macros should be predetermined.

Another country heard from,

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

<radio@...> wrote:
That this happens:

Him: CQ CQ CQ K1XYZ K1XYZ k

Me: K1XYZ de KG6MZS KG6MZS kn

Him: KG6MZS KG6MZS de K1XYZ K1XYZ K1XYZ kn

You would think we were past that point and they would just get into the QSO without responding like I was the one calling CQ.

I see this in contests too - which is only slightly less annoying that stations that answer a "CQ Test" with the exchange before you acknowledge them.

OK, off the soapbox now…

:)

73 de Eric KG6MZS

Jerry N9AVY

Tend to use macros, but I can edit them on the fly and often will do so. So many ops don't use macros and often I get RST , IMD, S/N, BUT never get a name nor QTH. Sometimes a bit more than is helpful.

On movies, if you're a credits reader, there is more information at the beginning as to all the companies involved in making the film which most of us could care less about. Some of the movies which bombed at box office should cut credits so viewers don't take reprisals ! Hi !

Jerry