Feldhell


Jerry N9AVY
 

Fooling around in Fell Hell Sprint and looks like I;'m a bonus station worth 100 pts. Holy Cow !

Jerry n9avy


Richard Rohrer
 

Hi Jerry,

It is nice to get a bonus point.  Did not know you were a Hellion, hi hi.

73
Dick - KC3EF


Paul Butzi (W7PFB)
 

We’ve always thought you were worth 100 points, Jerry.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Apr 18, 2020, at 11:51 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Fooling around in Fell Hell Sprint and looks like I;'m a bonus station worth 100 pts. Holy Cow !

Jerry n9avy



Jerry N9AVY
 

Surely, I am ! :-)

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:30:52 AM CDT, Paul Butzi (W7PFB) <w7pfb@...> wrote:


We’ve always thought you were worth 100 points, Jerry.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

> On Apr 18, 2020, at 11:51 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
>
> Fooling around in Fell Hell Sprint  and looks like I;'m a bonus station worth 100 pts.  Holy Cow !
>
> Jerry  n9avy

>
>
>




Jerry N9AVY
 

Dick:

Never got FH # from you and checked membership roster which no one ever updated. Saw a lot of calls there who are also PODXS members as well as many SKs.

Anyhow, I listed you as "no FH#". In PSK contests I can go back and review what was sent, but that doesn't happen in MixW with Feld Hell. Just can't type as fast as I used to and my handwriting is worse than ever ... 9, 4 and other number/letters are difficult to read.

Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 11:29:38 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Hi Jerry,

It is nice to get a bonus point.  Did not know you were a Hellion, hi hi.

73
Dick - KC3EF


Richard Rohrer
 

Hi Jerry, 

My number is 527 not quite a low as yours, but it will give you another 100 pts.  Usually don't see many low numbers during the contests any more.  Just a lot of 5000's and above.  Sent it during the exchange, but the qrm was bad when the contest started.  Had a really strong station just off your signal and the dsp in the radio could not null it out. 

73
Dick - KC3EF


Jerry N9AVY
 

Dick:

Submitted my sad little score last night and didn't have you FH #. Saw you a few times , but your signal was always weak and intermittant copy; so, never got your FH#. Even going through member list didn't yield anything of value. Best copy was out to TX, AZ, NM , CA and WA... got a couple from OH & PA. This would have been a sad turn out even for PODXS.

What I did notice in going through the 6000+ member list was that there were far more DX than U.S. calls. Of the U.S. calls I recognized many PODXS members as well as some 10-10 members. It would have been more fun had so many PODXS members had joined the contest.

Just needed a break from chasing PSK signals and FH Sprint gave that to me. Must be getting bored because I was looking at SSTV signals on 20m !

73, Jerry n9avy

On Sunday, April 19, 2020, 03:49:56 PM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Hi Jerry, 

My number is 527 not quite a low as yours, but it will give you another 100 pts.  Usually don't see many low numbers during the contests any more.  Just a lot of 5000's and above.  Sent it during the exchange, but the qrm was bad when the contest started.  Had a really strong station just off your signal and the dsp in the radio could not null it out. 

73
Dick - KC3EF


Richard Rohrer
 

Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



Jerry N9AVY
 

Dick:

Sounds like we all did about the same. The highlight of the Sprint was working the Canary Islands which was a huge surprise. Wish there had been more stations, but interest in Hell is less than PSK. Just had a bunch of fun trying a different mode.

Jerry

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:12:48 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



Jim K5SP
 

Hell does not interest me at all, all my efforts are concentrated on Heaven.

On 4/20/2020 9:29 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Dick:

Sounds like we all did about the same. The highlight of the Sprint was working the Canary Islands which was a huge surprise. Wish there had been more stations, but interest in Hell is less than PSK. Just had a bunch of fun trying a different mode.

Jerry
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:12:48 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Jerry N9AVY
 


Actually it's Feldhell which is a German word for "bright writing", but I'm sure y'all know that. When I took first year German it was one of those words we all had fun with. Just like in Spanish we learned that ropa wasn't rope , sopa wasn't soap, and the butter (mantequilla) was meant to kill you.

Jerry n9avy

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:39:27 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Hell does not interest me at all, all my efforts are concentrated on Heaven.

On 4/20/2020 9:29 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Dick:

Sounds like we all did about the same. The highlight of the Sprint was working the Canary Islands which was a huge surprise. Wish there had been more stations, but interest in Hell is less than PSK. Just had a bunch of fun trying a different mode.

Jerry
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:12:48 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF
 

Krankenwagen....Krankenvagen!!!!!!

Such an angry language, hi!

Steve 
2301


On Apr 20, 2020, at 11:23, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:



Actually it's Feldhell which is a German word for "bright writing", but I'm sure y'all know that. When I took first year German it was one of those words we all had fun with. Just like in Spanish we learned that ropa wasn't rope , sopa wasn't soap, and the butter (mantequilla) was meant to kill you.

Jerry n9avy
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:39:27 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Hell does not interest me at all, all my efforts are concentrated on Heaven.

On 4/20/2020 9:29 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Dick:

Sounds like we all did about the same. The highlight of the Sprint was working the Canary Islands which was a huge surprise. Wish there had been more stations, but interest in Hell is less than PSK. Just had a bunch of fun trying a different mode.

Jerry
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:12:48 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Jerry N9AVY
 

They were oppressed by the Romans and that made them angry ! Hi ! Hi !

Jerry 0454

On Monday, April 20, 2020, 10:38:05 AM CDT, Steve R via groups.io <oldjavadrinker@...> wrote:


Krankenwagen....Krankenvagen!!!!!!

Such an angry language, hi!

Steve 
2301


On Apr 20, 2020, at 11:23, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:



Actually it's Feldhell which is a German word for "bright writing", but I'm sure y'all know that. When I took first year German it was one of those words we all had fun with. Just like in Spanish we learned that ropa wasn't rope , sopa wasn't soap, and the butter (mantequilla) was meant to kill you.

Jerry n9avy
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:39:27 AM CDT, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:


Hell does not interest me at all, all my efforts are concentrated on Heaven.

On 4/20/2020 9:29 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:
Dick:

Sounds like we all did about the same. The highlight of the Sprint was working the Canary Islands which was a huge surprise. Wish there had been more stations, but interest in Hell is less than PSK. Just had a bunch of fun trying a different mode.

Jerry
On Monday, April 20, 2020, 09:12:48 AM CDT, Richard Rohrer <kc3ef@...> wrote:


Actually Jerry there were more stations participating than the last sprint, where I managed 4 contacts.  Made about 20 contacts and like you reported most of them to the West.  I did work one EU contact who was very good print.  Seems like I have been doing the same, looking at SSTV also and working on antennas.  

73
Dick - KC3EF



--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director


Doug N4AHO
 

It makes my rig overheat. hi hi


Jerry N9AVY
 

Doug:

Feldhell/Hellschreiber is an 80% duty cycle mode. If you're running a 100 watt rig, you need to run around 60 watts . If you add the other 20 watts it won't make much difference. Only doubling the 60 watts would show any improvement at the other end. Also check you SWR. Both will cause finals to overheat and will eventually damage them. When you run digital modes you need to be aware of duty cycle for that mode and of your transmitter.

Learned my lesson by using solid state amplifier with too much power input. Cost me $500 for 4 new transistors !

I run Feldhell/Hellschreiber using about 50 watts and it seems to work out.

Jerry N9AVY

On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 08:25:52 PM CDT, Doug N4AHO <drpatt@...> wrote:


It makes my rig overheat. hi hi


Doug N4AHO
 

Jerry, I was just jesting about Jim’s comment. Being new to the Groups.io system, I didn’t realize it didn’t appear as a response directly to Jim. – Doug N4AHO

 

From: main@070Club.groups.io <main@070Club.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 9:37 PM
To: main@070Club.groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Feldhell

 

Doug:

Feldhell/Hellschreiber is an 80% duty cycle mode. If you're running a 100 watt rig, you need to run around 60 watts . If you add the other 20 watts it won't make much difference. Only doubling the 60 watts would show any improvement at the other end. Also check you SWR. Both will cause finals to overheat and will eventually damage them. When you run digital modes you need to be aware of duty cycle for that mode and of your transmitter.

Learned my lesson by using solid state amplifier with too much power input. Cost me $500 for 4 new transistors !

I run Feldhell/Hellschreiber using about 50 watts and it seems to work out.

Jerry N9AVY

On Saturday, May 9, 2020, 08:25:52 PM CDT, Doug N4AHO <drpatt@...> wrote:

 

 

It makes my rig overheat. hi hi