Finally arrived around 3:30 PM.  Dealer said it powered up okay.  We'll see.

Am letting it warm up from sitting on front steps and truck and who knows where else since 12/30/20 alleged delivery date.

Jerry   n9avy

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

fingers crossed!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 4, 2021, at 2:50 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Finally arrived around 3:30 PM.  Dealer said it powered up okay.  We'll see.

Am letting it warm up from sitting on front steps and truck and who knows where else since 12/30/20 alleged delivery date.

Jerry   n9avy

Jerry,
Did you write down the serial number of the radio you sent back, to compare with this one?
Milt.
N6MG

Finally arrived around 3:30 PM.  Dealer said it powered up okay.  We'll see.

Am letting it warm up from sitting on front steps and truck and who knows where else since 12/30/20 alleged delivery date.

Jerry   n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Martin:

Don't know yet because I haven't put the 7300 through its paces.  Probably have a better opinion in a week or so when my antennas de-ice.

Jerry

On Monday, January 4, 2021, 10:08:42 PM CST, Martin Tuip <ajax@...> wrote:

So besides this .. do you like the 7300? I am torn between the 7300 and the 991a to replace my ft450

Martin
Kg7hax

Finally arrived around 3:30 PM.  Dealer said it powered up okay.  We'll see.

Am letting it warm up from sitting on front steps and truck and who knows where else since 12/30/20 alleged delivery date.

Jerry   n9avy

Jerry, with over 40 years as a ham, etc, etc, etc...do you have a dummy load?
Have a small piece of wire, with or without ice, that you could tune WWV with?
just sayin'...
Milt
N6MG

Finally arrived around 3:30 PM.  Dealer said it powered up okay.  We'll see.

Am letting it warm up from sitting on front steps and truck and who knows where else since 12/30/20 alleged delivery date.

Jerry   n9avy

Jerry N9AVY

Milt:

Of course I have a dummy load and lots of coax.  Thought about putting that on 7300, but I never worked anyone on a dummy load although I work a few loaded dummies in my 40+ years, hi, hi ! Recall one K6 who caused lots of problems for everyone, but that's another story.

Short piece of wire might work, but probably won't work well on xmit.

Thanks for suggestion...

Jerry