From: Larry Rockne #404
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 8:14 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Bogus Eqsls ???

WA7HDZ  went silent at 3:30 A M this morning 3/31/20 May he rest in peace.

Jim K5SP

Very cryptic message. No signature to let us know who is reporting.

It is April 1st, if this is not verified, it is a very morbid joke.

If anyone can provide verification that Larry us indeed a silent key, please do so.

WA7HDZ  went silent at 3:30 A M this morning 3/31/20 May he rest in peace.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Dan Morris - KZ3T

It was actually sent out last night

Dan Morris

I live to live for Him!

On Apr 1, 2020, at 2:24 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Very cryptic message. No signature to let us know who is reporting.

It is April 1st, if this is not verified, it is a very morbid joke.

If anyone can provide verification that Larry us indeed a silent key, please do so.

WA7HDZ  went silent at 3:30 A M this morning 3/31/20 May he rest in peace.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Stephen Melachrinos

I have no proof, but I'm guessing that someone in Larry's family is replying to incoming emails on his email account with the bad news.

I've done some searching, but there's nothing that new in the local newspaper obituaries, and the only funeral home I found with an online presence doesn't list him. It's probably too soon for all that.

Very cryptic message. No signature to let us know who is reporting.

It is April 1st, if this is not verified, it is a very morbid joke.

If anyone can provide verification that Larry us indeed a silent key, please do so.

WA7HDZ  went silent at 3:30 A M this morning 3/31/20 May he rest in peace.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Jim K5SP

I also checked with same result.

And, I failed to notice the time stamp. I apologize to all for my reference to it being a morbid joke.

Will keep attempting to verify.

Jim

[...]

Jim - I have checked via some 10-10 folks that live out that way but none close enough or know anyone in that area.  I also checked several funeral homes in that area but as you said it may be too soon as most of the obituaries show only up to Mar 30 and some not even that far. So maybe tomorrow.  I actually sent a reply back to the sender of that message to see if I get a reply.  Hope it wasn’t phising stuff!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!