New PSK Contacts

Steve VA3FLF/KM4FLF

I have come across a few newbies to PSK the last few day. Listen up for some new guys, calls off the top my head here are K5LOD, K4ZZT.  I gave them the PODX spill and will send them a paper card for their first. Seems like some folks might be getting tired of FT modes.

Also, I am working an FT817ND on 40 Meters QRP during the late afternoon hours. I am having a bit of luck working a few PSK contacts, Listen up for me I would appreciate it.

Steve
VA3FLF

Jerry N9AVY

Propagation seems better in last couple days, too. If guys can find signals they'll operate PS.

Jerry n9avy

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 03:05:38 PM CDT, Steve R via Groups.Io <oldjavadrinker@...> wrote:

I have come across a few newbies to PSK the last few day. Listen up for some new guys, calls off the top my head here are K5LOD, K4ZZT.  I gave them the PODX spill and will send them a paper card for their first. Seems like some folks might be getting tired of FT modes.

Also, I am working an FT817ND on 40 Meters QRP during the late afternoon hours. I am having a bit of luck working a few PSK contacts, Listen up for me I would appreciate it.

Steve
VA3FLF

I've seen a lot of newbies in the past few months.  Many have told me they got bored with FT8, one told me he worked every station on the planet. hi hi    Also seen a lot of stations that I haven't heard on psk for several years and also said they got tired of FT8.
Lets keep the waterfall active and be sure to encourage and help the new ones.  With a lot of people spending more time at home might see more new ones.

Jerry N9AVY

Looks like the FT-8 bubble has burst ! Good ! We need more real people on PSK .

Jerry n9avy