ALERT - 366 Chasers – Leap Day

stan W9SMR

Time to really focus on grabbing that illusive Leap Year Endorsement (February 29).

February 29th – Leap Day – only happens once every 4 years.  And there is an 070 Endorsement specifically for logging a QSO on Leap Day.  It was first offered in 2016 and 198 members earned it so far.  This is your chance to add it to your own accomplishments.

That one date is also holding back many from the coveted 366 Award for making a QSO on all 366 calendar days.

Of our 2,734 members, only 44 have achieved 366.

These 7 folks need ONLY February 29 to complete Leap Year and 366 Endorsements:

WM4B,

M5PLY,

SA7BXU,

F8BFU,

WB8YXF,

KE0GHU,

K4ARE

Many, many folks need 2/29, and this is your last chance for another 4 years to grab it. It occurs on a Saturday (UTC) this year and everyone should look for a chance to get on and make that contact.

Make a call:  CQ  CQ  Leap Day, and see what you can come up with!

To see what dates you need for 366, upload your full log and check the "Online Endorsement Checker". In the "In Progress" section, click on "Target" for the 360 category and a list of needed dates will show. If you have a problem seeing that, please just let me know.

This will also give a big boost to the LONP chasers! Congrats to Charles, WJ4HCP who uploaded 107 member QSO’s on February 6th to qualify for LONP. Good job!!

The next PODXS 070 Event is the St. Patrick's Day Contest starting Friday evening 8:00 p.m. EDT March 20 and running for 24 hours. This contest includes all bands 160M to 6M (no WARC) with a single power category less than 50 W. Spell "Erin Go Bragh" for bonus points. Check the website for details:  St. Patrick's Rules

PSK-31 Rocks!!

73,

Stan

W9SMR - 070  #1611

Rick - N7WE

I'll be on 40m &/or 80m shortly after 7:30 PM EST this evening.  Then tomorrow afternoon (Sat EST) I will be calling on 20m. Hope to work you...whether you already have Leap Day or not!  All are welcome and I'll keep the contacts short.  Hope to work lots of PSK!  Let's fill the waterfalls!

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I’ll also be on briefly this evening at 0000Z and then tomorrow.  Let’s get all the 366 chasers over the hump!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:36 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

I'll be on 40m &/or 80m shortly after 7:30 PM EST this evening.  Then tomorrow afternoon (Sat EST) I will be calling on 20m. Hope to work you...whether you already have Leap Day or not!  All are welcome and I'll keep the contacts short.  Hope to work lots of PSK!  Let's fill the waterfalls!

Jeff Cartnal

I'll also be on looking for anyone who need the 29th! Good luck to all the 366 seekers!

Jeff WM9F #1732

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 09:36 AM, Rick - N7WE wrote:
I'll be on 40m &/or 80m shortly after 7:30 PM EST this evening.  Then tomorrow afternoon (Sat EST) I will be calling on 20m. Hope to work you...whether you already have Leap Day or not!  All are welcome and I'll keep the contacts short.  Hope to work lots of PSK!  Let's fill the waterfalls!
And for those with evening sunshine I will be on 20M for a couple hours tonight.
Barry

Roger Boehnlein

Same here. I will be on 40 and 80 for a bit tonight. Then 15 & 20 in the morning for a bit.

Hope to work as many as possible.

Roger

N8TCP

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I’ll also be on briefly this evening at 0000Z and then tomorrow.  Let’s get all the 366 chasers over the hump!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Feb 28, 2020, at 9:36 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

I'll be on 40m &/or 80m shortly after 7:30 PM EST this evening.  Then tomorrow afternoon (Sat EST) I will be calling on 20m. Hope to work you...whether you already have Leap Day or not!  All are welcome and I'll keep the contacts short.  Hope to work lots of PSK!  Let's fill the waterfalls!

Paula K7PAX #1739

I will try to be on 20 this afternoon and 40 this evening Pacific Time for those in the PNW RF Sinkhole . . .

Paula K7PAX

John Hendry KG5OIB

I am sitting at the Renaissance Hotel in Tampa, with my QRP rIg, and an Alpha Loop.   I’m on
y seeing a few signals, and I’m not getting out on pskreporter.    I couldn’t bring my battery (airplane) so limited to working in the room

No car, and I have basketball commitments starting at 11 am Saturday, so I,m just not sure how well this is gonna work out.

Anyone in Tampa wanna come get me to work a call or two. 😃

73
John

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

Bill Williams

John,

I am just getting on, finished washing the dishes ;-)  I am in South Tampa, maybe too close.  What band do you want to try.

Bill
AG4QX

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:03 PM John Hendry KG5OIB <archer@...> wrote:

I am sitting at the Renaissance Hotel in Tampa, with my QRP rIg, and an Alpha Loop.   I’m on
y seeing a few signals, and I’m not getting out on pskreporter.    I couldn’t bring my battery (airplane) so limited to working in the room

No car, and I have basketball commitments starting at 11 am Saturday, so I,m just not sure how well this is gonna work out.

Anyone in Tampa wanna come get me to work a call or two. 😃

73
John

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Still looking for 1st one.
Maybe continue in the morn.
Barry

John Hendry KG5OIB

Bill,

after I posted, I decided it was time to go to Cheesecake Factory.   I needed to drown my frustrations in some cheesecake!  Hi hi

john

     de  KG5OIB

     John Hendry

     Decatur, Wise County, Texas

     LOC:  EM13eg

Geary McDowell

Once I finished supper (dinner to some of y'all) I got on and my waterfall was DEAD on 80, 40, 30, and 20.  So I went to bed.
Got up this morning, later than I had planned, and the same.
Suddenly one Canadian station came booming through, we had a nice chat for a good while.
Then I saw F5PON, I have not been able to make have a QSO into Europe since 2018 and then only on FT8.
I went for it, got it, and I hope he logged it too.  We had a short QSO then the band went all wavy and weird, and still is pretty bad here in SW OK.  I am not sure what are stations and just ugly stuff on my waterfall.
Anyway, I will be on 20 off and on most of the day.  I do have a couple of errands to run and might take the wife to lunch if I can get her awake, a rough week at work she had and often sleeps most of Saturday from exhaustion.
Hope to catch a few more today on Leap Day 2020.
73 from SW OK USA Earth, KE5IRK Geary

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
I'll be on 40m &/or 80m shortly after 7:30 PM EST this evening.  Then tomorrow afternoon (Sat EST) I will be calling on 20m. Hope to work you...whether you already have Leap Day or not!  All are welcome and I'll keep the contacts short.  Hope to work lots of PSK!  Let's fill the waterfalls!

GA - Bob - K4VBM

Well, I got a few 366 contacts last night on 40m - thank you guys.
On this morning also and got some more on 40 and 20m - got F5PON, Michel in France on 20m- it has been a long time since I had a PSK31 contact to Europe.

Going to play in the SC QSO party also, and got 1 contact in the FH Sprint already.
Nice to see the bands working a bit better than usual.

Hope to catch a few more Leap Day contacts before this evening.

Bob
K4VBM
070 - #2727

Richard Rohrer

Thought I would work as couple of stations while mobile today in SC, but no joy.  Did not hardly any traces on the waterfall and they were in/out.

73
Dick - KC3EF

Bill

Thanks