6M anyone?

Rick - N7WE

Just got my 6m antenna up again.  Will start calling CQ at 1600 UTC on or about 50.290 +1500.  Anyone out there game?

Made contact with John KC3FL and got things sorted.  Many thanks John.  Now I hope for good 6m prop on the 20th - 22nd so I can catch the KC9UR and W9SMR/9 Ape on 6m this year.

Rick,

When I tried to copy you on my R-8 vertical it looked like your signal was going up and down in freq about 4 or 5 Hz and I couldn't lock onto it however when I switched to the beam it was a nice steady signal and almost 100% cpy.  Anyway thanks for my first 6 mtr PSK contact

John
KC3FL

Rick - N7WE

John -  You are most welcome!  Not sure what was going on, but until you switched to the beam I was getting two overlapping traces on this end.  Not a double wide trace of an overdriven signal, but two clean traces overlapping.  I was on a PAR Stressed Moxon that is horiz. polarized, and I assume your vert was vert. polarity.  Don't know if that impacts anything but sig strength.  My other thought is that given how close we are and it being vhf we had two sigs... a ground wave and a reflected ground wave.  I've seen that on 2m FM.  But when you went to the beam, its directivity nulled out the reflected ground wave on receive and the beam width of your TX was narrowed enough to miss whatever was reflecting and thus my receive became a single signal.  Maybe someone who knows more than us will jump in here and give us the answers.  It was fun and there is always something new to learn in radio!  Keeps me keeping on!  TNX & 73

Well it was definitely my vertical that was creating the situation because when I was receiving you I saw the two overlapping traces on your signal.   As you go up in frequency polarization does come into the equation.  Hey, maybe we had a short path and a long path signal.  hihi

John
KC3FL

Jerry N9AVY

Stereo ???  Emoji

Jerry  n9avy

On Monday, August 9, 2021, 03:03:21 PM CDT, John - KC3FL via groups.io <kc3fl@...> wrote:

Well it was definitely my vertical that was creating the situation because when I was receiving you I saw the two overlapping traces on your signal.   As you go up in frequency polarization does come into the equation.  Hey, maybe we had a short path and a long path signal.  hihi

John
KC3FL

gillette789@...

Still out there ?    David KE5PYF