From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of stan robinson <robinstan@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:33 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] RESULTS – PSKfest 2020

RESULTS – PSKfest 2020

NOTE: We are deeply indebted to David, K9DWR who manually scored this contest because the online Scoring is not currently working. This massive chore was made even more difficult because each log had to be Emailed to David, not downloaded to the website. Thank you David!!

This year there were 90 logs submitted - up from last year’s 65 logs. There were 18 High Power, 48 Medium Power, 21 Low Power and 3 QRP logs. The average number of QSOs was 50. Four of our members worked 38 States.

Top Dawg and 1st in High Power was Bob, KF3AA of Huntington, MD with 142 QSOs and 8094 points. This included 36 states and 21 DXCC multipliers. Another spectacular performance by Bob who finished in 2nd place High Power in both the Triple Play and Doubleheader.

High Power - Second Place was Lee, N5SLY of Sherman, TX. He finished at the top in many of our contests this year. He was Top Dawg in both the Triple Play and Doubleheader.

High Power - Third place was Bob, KK6KMU, of Oceanside, CA. Bob has been coming on strong, finishing 3rd High Power in the Doubleheader.

Medium Power - First place was John, KC3FL, of Inverness FL with 7900 points and 158 QSOs. That included 38 states and 12 DXCC multipliers. He finished in second place Medium Power in the Doubleheader.

Medium Power – Second Place was grabbed by Steve, VA3TPS, of Fenelon Falls, ON. He finished in 1st Place, High Power in the Triple Play. Third Place went to David, KR4U, of St. Petersburg, FL.

Low Power – First Place was Steve, W3HF of Collegeville, PA with 5,160 points and 129 QSOs, 36 States and 4 DXCC multipliers. Steve, #25 is one of our senior members. He finished in 3rd Place Low Power in the Triple Play.

Low Power – Second Place was Jim, K5SP, of Gainesville, TX. Jim finished in second place last month in the Doubleheader Low Power category. Third Place, was Tom, W7OXB, of Bonney Lake, WA. Tom, #2720 is one of our newest members. Good to have you aboard, Tom.

QRP Power – First Place was Peter, NN9K of Colona, IL, with 2,449 points and 79 QSOs, 28 States and 3 DXCC multipliers. Peter #2629, is also one of our newer members. Good to see you making a great start in QRP.

QRP Power – Second place was Rich, AC8NM of Lisbon, OH. Rich is also a new member #2707. He finished first in QRP in the Doubleheader. Good to have you aboard, Rich! Third Place was Andy, W3SW of Binghamton, NY.

It was great to see Bob, K3CKO, #14 in there and making a very respectable 72 QSOs for 1872 points. He joined PODXS 070 in November, 2000. About a month before Steve, W3HF.

The new “All Amateurs Welcome” policy continues to enhance our overall experience. We had a record 16 non-members competing and submitting logs. Two of these have since joined our ranks: Don, NX1Q, #2726 and Bob K4VBM, #2727. We hope to see the other applications to join us soon!

Note that the Top Dawg Certificate and Rollo Dog Tag will be reserved exclusively for members.

Thanks to all who submitted logs. Stickers will be in the next mailing. Complete results as manually calculated by David, K9DWR, will be uploaded to the Groups.io 070 Reflector websites.

The next PODXS 070 Event is the Valentine Sprint, starting Thursday evening, February 13 7:00 p.m. EST. Check the website for details: Valentine Sprint Rules<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podxs070.com%2Fo7o-club-sponsored-contests%2Fvalentine-sprint&data=02%7C01%7C%7C92053ec56be14f1e5cef08d798b33ded%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637145767906981164&sdata=EbfZUwgVz0XZUhSG7lCW98yvgJJP8KD9GwOSZWa34c4%3D&reserved=0>

PSK-31 Rocks!!

Hope to see you all on the waterfall soon!

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

David, K9DWR

Don’t be so hard on yourself, Stan. There are definitely things I could have done to make it easier on you. I’m taking notes on how to make this better, it’s just going to take time to flesh it all out. We will eventually get back to a fully-automated system but it’s slow-going and there are going to be bumps along the way. I’m sure nobody is going to hold a grudge. :-)

For those that would like a peek at what’s being developed and are software-inclined, I’ve created a Github repository where I’m storing all the code for the new scorers and endorsement checker. It’s mostly for my own purposes to keep things sane, but it’s also so that once we get a new system in place, we won’t lose access to it if I get hit by a bus. This will also give full transparency to everyone that wants to understand exactly how a given item is scored.

https://github.com/070club/checker

If you have any questions/comments/etc, feel free to drop a line, open an issue, etc through the github page

73

David, K9DWR

On Jan 14, 2020, at 20:22, stan robinson <robinstan@...> wrote:

I screwed up on the membership status of Sid, W7JSD, #1513; Jeff, K6GHD, #1172; and John, K2WJ, #2470. So after I subtract these 3, we had only 14 non-member participant's logs submitted. (And, I had miscounted the non-members originally as 16.) Subsequently we have had two new members join after competing in the contest.

Without the benefit of the automatic scoring on the website, I guess human eyes can miss seeing the whole picture.

David K9DWR, and I were attempting to fill in all the missing steps and I obviously missed a cross check on membership number that needed to be done accurately.

Pending any other errors and corrections, I will correct and uploaded corrected PSKfest Results.

Please let me know if you spot any additional errors.

Sorry for my carelessness.

73,
Stan
W9SMR - 070 #1611
[...]