W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

David, K9DWR

* stan robinson <robinstan@hotmail.com> [2019-11-11 19:46]:
*GOOD JOB, Steve*.

Looks like your latest upload got you the 4 missing dates and gives you the hard to get *366 Award*.

It also looks like you should be qualified for the *Clock and Calendar Award* since you do have the *24/7 Award* already.
Very cool, indeed. It's a long road, but worth the investment. :-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Rick - N7WE

Steve-
Congrats!  I think you are only the second Canadian station to complete 366.  Way to go!

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Congrads Steve
I gave it a good shot to try for the 24/7 Award
but being still married the CFO shut down that endeavor right smart like.
Way to go.
Barry

David, K9DWR

* 1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> [2019-11-12 09:59]:
Congrads Steve
I gave it a good shot to try for the 24/7 Award
but being still married the CFO shut down that endeavor right smart like.
Way to go.
Hah! I spent a lot of time napping on the couch to get the 24/7 award. Wake
up every hour, check the waterfall, go back to napping. If I got lucky early
in the hour, I could get a solid 90 minutes of sleep before trying again. :-)

Definitely a marathon, not a sprint.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Jerry N9AVY

Pretty much did same thing and I had days when I didn’t know if I was coming or going.  But I completed it faster than most.  Completing 366 with the terrible conditions we have now it a better feat.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

#1604 LONP #255

david@...

Rick - N7WE

24/7, 365, and 366.  Each endorsement requires learning different parts of Amatuer radio and a different set of skills.  24/7 not only tests your ability to get up (or stay up) for crazy hours in the dark, but it also demands you master certain aspects of propagation.  Figuring out where you can find another station at 0700 UTC depends on understanding shifts in the layers of the ionosphere and your location relative to UTC and the changes when the grey line passes.  365 tests your ability to find time every day for ham radio.  It tests not only operating skills, but also your ability to manage your hobby among the other demands of life.  Amateur Radio Code - "BALANCED...Radio is a hobby, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community."  And finally, 366 test your patience!  Leap Day only comes around once every 4 years.  If you missed it in 2016 (the first year of 365/366) your opportunity is coming!  February 29, 2020 is rapidly approaching!

I believe Clock and Calendar (365, Leap Day, and 24/7 completed) is the ultimate endorsement that 070 Club has offered.  So far 20 of our 2700+ members have achieved it.  But there are several who only need that Leap Day.  I'm quite sure they will be on air on Feb. 29, 2020.  Regardless of where you stand on 365 or 24/7 you should plan to be there too!  It won't come around again for another 4 years!

Fr Richard R

Yes Rick I plan on being on the air At the end of Feb. 2020, even if I have to setup my gear again in a temporary configuration.
Finally moved into a new home, though with a HOA.

I’ll be on the air!!!!

Fr Richard
WB8YXF

* Fr Richard R via Groups.Io <rickocr2005=yahoo.com@groups.io> [2019-11-12 19:03]:
Yes Rick I plan on being on the air At the end of Feb. 2020, even if I have
to setup my gear again in a temporary configuration. Finally moved into a
new home, though with a HOA.
HOA != no radio, it just means you have to be more creative and work with what
you have. It's not perfect, but I've been able to get around the world.
PSK-31 is a big part of that success. Digital modes let you do things that
would not be possible with voice. :-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

Fr Richard R

Yep David, HOA is only a means to be creative........

#1604 LONP #255
david@...