40M Firecracker Sprint – Tomorrow !!

stan W9SMR

The 070 Club 40m Firecracker Sprint Contest begins tomorrow!

The 24 hour window -
   Opens at:  2000 UTC  Saturday July 3rd
   Closes at: 1959 UTC   Sunday July 4th.

You choose your best 6 hour block when submitting your entry.

Open to all licensed amateurs.

4 categories
– High, Medium, Low, and QRP power.

Exchange:
State/Province/Country (SPC).

Frequencies:
7.070, 7.074, 7.035 (DX) MHz

Call:
  “CQ 40m Sprint”

LOGS ARE DUE ONE WEEK AFTER THE CONTEST!

Please upload your ADIF file with
  *** CONTEST RECORDS ONLY ***

Upload to the 40Meter Sprint Uploader

Full RULES details at: RULES - 40M Firecracker Sprint

Good luck to all and hope to see you on the waterfall!

73,

Stan
W9SMR - 070  #1611
PODXS 070 - PR Director

Hi Everybody...
I'm on 40m, CQ'n for the Sprint.
All kinds of bombs and snap, krackles & pops going on outside!

C'mon down...join me?

Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

[...]

Tom

I'm a little confused. Right now it's 1200Z July 4th. Yet the club website says: "The Firecracker Sprint contest is over! Make sure you submit your log by 2359Z 07/11/21."
I thought it ran until 1959Z on July 4th. What am I missing here?

Tom W4FLL

Stephen Melachrinos

Tom -

Ignore that item on the web page. It's auto-generated, and was apparently mis-programmed.

You do still have a few hours left.

I'm a little confused. Right now it's 1200Z July 4th. Yet the club website says: "The Firecracker Sprint contest is over! Make sure you submit your log by 2359Z 07/11/21."
I thought it ran until 1959Z on July 4th. What am I missing here?

Tom W4FLL

Jim K5SP

Tom,
That is a result of the server being on PDT and me being in CDT, and the contest being in GMT.

Every contest I setup that timer, and for some reason there are times when the time conversion gets lost in this 77 year old mind.  Normally W9SMR keeps me on my toes, but apparently he didn't tell me it needed to be corrected.

I am in Missouri right now (Branson), and don't have my login info to access the server.

BTW, the Jesus performance at the Sight and Sound theater is awesome and worth the trip to Branson!

73

--
Jim,  K5SP #483

Tom

Edited

Thanks to both you guys. I was really scratching my head. 😎
As it is, 40m is not working for me today, but oh well.

Tom W4FLL

JoAnn Donaldson

I am on right now. So far I have worked one (1) station in the last hour.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

[Edited Message Follows]