Topics

40 meter Firecracker Sprint

David Alvarez

Hi I am new to the club and need a little help.

Do you pick a start time to begin working the contest and run for 6 hours? or do you work as long as you wish and select any 6 hour continuous period from your log for submission?   Also do you include you 070 club number in the exchange?

Thanks
Dave
WA3LXD

Bob Motyl KK6KMU

Dave welcome to the club.  Yes pick a start time and it will be a continuous 6 hour time window.  Your six hours must be between 20;00 UTC Saturday July 4 until 20:00 Sunday July 5.  Exchange is Callsign, signal report and state/province/country (SPC).  Your CQ should be CQ 40M Sprint.  The link to the rules is on the PODXS home page.

Your time should be when 40 meters is open for you and your possible contacts.  Look at last years results at  http://hamclubs.info/scorer/   .  I think that is the right site.

Bob KK6KMU

K7DWI Art

Hi Dave and others,
We are at the bottom of the the Solar Cycle. Solar Flux will be 68 and geomagnetic activity light.
As soon as the sun goes down, 40 Meters will quickly stretch out.
If you want to work anyone close, it will be during the daytime.

Out here in Oregon where there is little activity and a hill and mountain to my east, I will fire up at 00 or 01 UTC (5 or 6 pm local PDT).
That way I can catch a few on the west coast and then pray I can get a few of you out East to 06-07 UTC.
40 Meters was excellent during Field Day.
Good luck.
Art K7DWI #2518

Stephen Melachrinos

Art -

Good suggestions. Because of the "close-in" phenomenon, I hope to be on the air earlier than when the band "goes long", just to catch some nearby LONP points.

I'll do my best to stay up late to get the west coast.

1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM, Stephen Melachrinos wrote:
I'll do my best to stay up late to get the west coast.

Sunset here is 04:30Z
Will look for you.
Barry
va7gem

Bo W4GHV

Can't I just do the whole 24 hours to 'the best of my ability' then select the best 6 hour period for submitting?
Bo W4GHV

B. Smith, N3XL

Yes you can ! Work whatever floats your boat and provide a start time for the 6 consecutive hours you choose when submitting the entry.

73 and GL,

Bill N3XL

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--