KC3EF 10/29/19 Report

Richard Rohrer

Started out in DM70 and worked N9AVY, KC4OBB, N7WE, and W0LDO.  In DM80 worked KC3FL, N7WE, W8DWH, and K8MGA.  For EL89 worked N7WE, N8JLM, KN4YGL, and W9SMR.

I worked Jerry off the back of his beam, which I guess accounted for his signal being not a strong as usual.  Saw Stan calling me, and tried calling him several times and we finally made contact.  Stan, I thought you were still in the mid-West not in FL.

I don't think tomorrows grids are really special, but will be going thru DM90, EM00, EL09, EL19, and EL29.  Friday we will be in EL39 and EM30.  On Saturday if the weather is nice we will try to get EL59 again for those that missed last go around.

Let me know if you need any specific grid, so I can be on the lookout for you.

Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

stan W9SMR

Dick,

Yep, I traded my Hex at 50 feet for Dipoles-in-the-attic-under-the-red-tile-roof in order to get 80 degree WX instead of 30 degree WX. Life is a compromise, I guess. We arrived back in Sarasota on Oct 8, a week before our traditional mid-October date.

Really appreciate getting DM89 (not EL89, that's where I live?) this afternoon. Too bad I had that dentist app't this morning and missed DM70. Sorry about the low signal. Tried to rotate the attic, but no-go.

I will be looking for you in DM90. The others I have. I should be available all day to follow along.

73 es stay safe as you continue your homeward trek.

Stan
W9SMR

Started out in DM70 and worked N9AVY, KC4OBB, N7WE, and W0LDO.  In DM80 worked KC3FL, N7WE, W8DWH, and K8MGA.  For EL89 worked N7WE, N8JLM, KN4YGL, and W9SMR.

I worked Jerry off the back of his beam, which I guess accounted for his signal being not a strong as usual.  Saw Stan calling me, and tried calling him several times and we finally made contact.  Stan, I thought you were still in the mid-West not in FL.

I don't think tomorrows grids are really special, but will be going thru DM90, EM00, EL09, EL19, and EL29.  Friday we will be in EL39 and EM30.  On Saturday if the weather is nice we will try to get EL59 again for those that missed last go around.

Let me know if you need any specific grid, so I can be on the lookout for you.

Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747

Rick - N7WE

Good morning Dick -
Don't need any of today's grids, and it is a good thing as I have commitments this afternoon that will take me out of the shack.  But I'll look for you when I get back.  Very good signals yesterday.  You had a pipe into central Florida!  Sure hope you can make EL59 as that is the one grid I need to complete Lousiana!  Travel safe and enjoy.  Pass my thanks to pilot extraordinary Kathy!

Dick,

I need DM90 and EL19.  Can you give me an ETA?