Topics

366 Anyone?

Rick - N7WE

Edited

Primarily to our newer members.....but anyone else can play if they want to!

Interested in taking a run at 365, Leap Day, and 366?  Today is the day to get started.  You don't have to complete it all in one year.  But it can and has been done.  Just one contact in each 24 hour UTC day.  This is the first year since its inception in 2016 that it can be completed in one year!  If you miss Leap Day, Feb. 29, the chance to complete in just one year will not come around again until 2024.  In 2016, 9 people completed it in a straight run.

OK, this was supposed to go out at 7 PM EST last night, but I screwed up!  So hurry!  You only have about an hour and 45 minutes to make your 1/1/2020 QSO!

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I just want to weigh in on this and encourage everyone who has not yet earned the 365/366 endorsements to go for it, no matter when you start.

I’ve had an incredible amount of fun chasing 070 endorsements.

But none of them have been as fun to chase as the 365/366 endorsement.  I learned a lot about operating while getting all the QSOs I needed.  Beyond honing existing skills and building new ones, the need to be on the air chasing QSOs every day meant I spent much more time on the air having fun.

It’s just a fabulous good time.  Go for it!

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!

On Jan 1, 2020, at 2:16 PM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

OK, this was supposed to go out at 7 PM EST last night, but I screwed up!  So hurry!  You only have about an hour and 45 minutes to make your 1/1/2020 QSO!

Geary McDowell

Only 49 left for me, mostly July but at least one each month.  Working at it!
Geary, KE5IRK

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 4:14 PM Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:
Primarily to our newer members.....but anyone else can play if they want to!

Interested in taking a run at 365, Leap Day, and 366?  Today is the day to get started.  You don't have to complete it all in one year.  But it can and has been done.  Just one contact in each 24 hour UTC day.  This is the first year since its inception in 2016 that it can be completed in one year!  If you miss Leap Day, Feb. 29, the chance to complet in just one year will not come around again until 20124.  In 2016, 9 people completed it in a straight run.

David, K9DWR

* Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> [2020-01-01 14:16]:
OK, this was supposed to go out at 7 PM EST last night, but I screwed up!  So
hurry!  You only have about an hour and 45 minutes to make your 1/1/2020 QSO!
On the plus side, if you miss today, it's not a long wait to pick it up at the
beginning of next year (just one extra day to pick up). It's a lot better to
miss at the beginning of the year than the end. :-)

The important one not to miss is leap year Feb 29.

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

Rick - N7WE

I should point out that Paul - NU4C - now not on the air due to health problems, but still monitoring this group, completed it not once, BUT TWICE!  Only person to do so!  Anyone want to take a run at that??

Fr Richard R

I may not complete it twice ..
but will work on getting an antenna of sorts back up and station on a the air by Feb 29, 2020 so I can complete it once.

We just moved into a new house in a HOA community so have to get an antenna up carefully but will getter done.

73, Merry Christmas, & Happy New Year.

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328 (I think)

On Jan 1, 2020, at 17:53, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

I should point out that Paul - NU4C - now not on the air due to health problems, but still monitoring this group, completed it not once, BUT TWICE!  Only person to do so!  Anyone want to take a run at that??

Richard, I use a Qso-King end fed wire up about 20 feet. Neighbors can't see it.

but will work on getting an antenna of sorts back up and station on a the air by Feb 29, 2020 so I can complete it once.

We just moved into a new house in a HOA community so have to get an antenna up carefully but will getter done.

73, Merry Christmas, & Happy New Year.

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328 (I think)

On Jan 1, 2020, at 17:53, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

I should point out that Paul - NU4C - now not on the air due to health problems, but still monitoring this group, completed it not once, BUT TWICE!  Only person to do so!  Anyone want to take a run at that??

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Paula K7PAX #1739

I have one of those along the top of my backyard fence.

Paula

On Jan 1, 2020, at 3:27 PM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Richard, I use a Qso-King end fed wire up about 20 feet. Neighbors can't see it.

but will work on getting an antenna of sorts back up and station on a the air by Feb 29, 2020 so I can complete it once.

We just moved into a new house in a HOA community so have to get an antenna up carefully but will getter done.

73, Merry Christmas, & Happy New Year.

Fr Richard
WB8YXF
2328 (I think)

On Jan 1, 2020, at 17:53, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

I should point out that Paul - NU4C - now not on the air due to health problems, but still monitoring this group, completed it not once, BUT TWICE!  Only person to do so!  Anyone want to take a run at that??

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Fr Richard R

I’ll look it up. Thanks

Fr Richard

* Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> [2020-01-01 14:53]:
I should point out that Paul - NU4C - now not on the air due to health
problems, but still monitoring this group, completed it not once, *BUT
TWICE!* Only person to do so!  Anyone want to take a run at that??
I intend to take a shot, AND double up on 366 (I know _that_ hasn't been done twice yet) ;-)

--
David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...

KB3RAN 1692/381

-- Going to miss most of January again due to overseas travel.  But looking to get February locked in this year.  Will be getting really close this year.

Dave H
KB3RAN
1692/381