From: Eric Dallmann <k9vic@...>
To: main@070club.groups.io <main@070club.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jun 7, 2022 10:13 pm
Subject: [070Club] 365 Help

I'm currently in Oak Ridge, TN, for Business.  I'll be here thorough Friday, and unfortunately need every day for 365.  I got the worst room for antennas.  The window opens enough to get a wire out, but it's right over the front entrance so anything I put out there will be quickly notices (I'm only on the second floor).  I have my POTA set-up (I drove so I wouldn't have to hassle getting all that through the airport), and will be setting up by a picnic bench on the side of the hotel.  I don't think I can set up the random wire due to space, but I do have hamsticks for several bands.  When I finish dinner in a few minutes I'll be on 40- and 20-meters.  If you see a fairly light trace, don't be afraid to give me a shout.  It's 5 Watts and a hamsttick.  It works, but certainly not ideal.

I'll probably go looking for a better spot to operate, but given the time considerations, I don't want to be doing that right now.

Hopefully I'll see some of you on the waterfall.

73,
Eric/K9VIC

Buz Johnson

I'm on 40m and don't see him,
73,

Buz, WA5AMM
"May the best you've ever been, be the worst you'll ever see"

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:41 PM Steve W3HF <w3hf@...> wrote:
I just saw this email. Has anyone seen Eric yet?

Eric: Have you made a contact yet?

--
de, WA5AMM, Buz

Eric Dallmann

Sorry, I didn't have my computer with me (using the QRPWerks SideKar).  Yes, tnx to AE1P I have a contact for today.  Had to quit and try to fix a macro issue (still not corrected) and look for the bug spray (which apparently I forgot0.  Going back out and will  be on 40-meters in about 10 minutes or so.

Eric/K9VIC

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 06:47:04 PM CDT, Buz Johnson <wa5amm.sc.usa@...> wrote:

[...]

Steve W3HF

got it. I'll be there.

[...]

A very BIG THANKS to everyone who took time tonight to look for me.  It's very much appreciated.  Steve (W3HF) and I were able to connect on 49-meters before the bug situation drove me back inside.  I'll get my macros fixed and some bug spray before my next try, and hopefully find a better spot to operate.

73,
Eric, K9VIC/4

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 06:56:35 PM CDT, Steve W3HF <w3hf@...> wrote:

got it. I'll be there.